Arizona elk hunt with my boys

nickman123

Reaction score
When they were younger, both my sons took cow elk on Jr hunts. Wanted to take them both on a bull elk hunt before I got too old and before they got too busy with college, work , etc... Put in for an Arizona limited opportunity hunt thats fairly close to home, isn't super hard to draw and it's late season, basically runs whole month of November. It allowed us to hunt over Thanksgiving week so they didn't miss any school. Since it's a limited opportunity area (meaning they got some elk but not a whole lot) and I was not familiar with the area at all, I looked around and found a guide who said he could do the hunt and for a fairly reasonable price. He didn't have a lot of references and he said he was fairly new to guiding so I was pretty nervous about it, but it worked out really well. He really knew his stuff and had us on elk every day. Younger son shot a big spike, older one shot a nice 5 point. And we got it all done in time to beat a big storm that came in and got to be home for Thanksgiving.
IMG_0047.JPGIMG_0035.JPG

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wow what r the chances of pulling off a out of state hunt like that with two successful elk kills.
How lucky u r to get a great guide too.
And a family hunt to never forget! Thanx 4 sharing!....tra

canamrider07

Reaction score
Two massive elks, way to go. Very smart using a guide. With your time constraints and not being familiar with the area, it paid off. Great pictures.

Top Bottom