arizona hunt

so cal hunter

Reaction score
Hey i am headed out to phoenix this friday and was wondering if any of you have ever hunted there and if so how was the hunting for predators i am going to hunt between wickenberg and phoenix any suggestions on any locations  

songdog

Reaction score
There are lots of them out there.  Just about anywhere it's legal to discharge a firearm and you can see at least 40 yards in any direction and you're good to go.  Don't be surprised if a shotgun works just as well as a rifle for AZ coyotes.  The terrain often means that they're in your lap before you see them.

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
While Nevada doesn't require a license for coyote hunting, Arizona does.  Also, no night hunting in Arizona.

so cal hunter

Reaction score
Grey Taylor you were right when you said that a shotgun would probably work as well as a rifle we got several yotes with the 12 ga. all yotes taken with the shotgun were under 25 ft. and all at a full charge to the decoy. (a feather on a spring attached to a small electric motor that was operated by a timed switch that would spin the feather about every 5 to 8 seconds  it seemed that the arizona yotes are hypnotized by this gaget it sure was fun but also hot in the high 80's

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
You mean I gave good advice?  I'll be damned...

Could someone please call my ex and tell her about this?    :wink-yellow:

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
go north of wickenburg stay south of independance. about 10-15 miles out side of wickenburg. the whole area is good but i main know the area outside of wickenburg. anyway, go past the "dude" ranches and a littkle ways up turn off the road to the west. there is a wash out that way and i have always had good luck there! have fun, wish i was going!!

cc

nobuckkev

Reaction score
Hey Grey, I thought all you neede in AZ was a big game liscense. Is this true or do you need a coyote tag. I have never heard of one of those. To the guy heading out there, try calling one of the local feed stores and ask about coyotes in the area. Ranchers and farmers always know where the predators are and are usually very willing to help out.

so cal hunter

Reaction score
All  i bought was a 3 day non res. licence  

(Edited by so cal hunter at 6:04 pm on Jan. 22, 2002)

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
so cal is right.  No coyote tag you just need the general license.  different states can be confusing:  California you need a license to hunt anything. Nevada you don't need a license for sport coyote *but*, if you case skin your coyote the warden may decide you're taking it to sell and you do need a license for that (and I don't think that particular license is available for out of staters).  Fun confusion.

Craig Steele

Reaction score
All you need is a hunting license for coyote hunting in AZ.  No, tag neccesary!

Later
Craig Steele

Hook

Reaction score
Craig, Welcome to Jesses. This is a great place to hang out and talk huntin.

Fubar

Reaction score
Craig  Welcome to jesses Forum.            Fubar

Latest Posts

Top Bottom