Arrowhead

Tominator

Reaction score
The great turtle shell round-up has commenced. One dayin the woods so far and I have 2 more shells. Oneof them is even smaller than the smaller of the two I sent you. I also found a big one. I'm gonna give the big to a bud of mine that is playing around with turtle shell calls since he got on me about giving my last ones away and forgetting to ask him if he wanted them (oops). If you want the small one let me know and I'll get it to you or you can wait till the end ofthe season and I'll send you more. At the rate I find them, I'm sure I'll have plenty.
Tominator

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Glen >> That's too cool. I usually only find 1 or 2 per year.....

I think the small one is neat. I think the bigger one's will have a better sound.

I appreciate the shell's and I'll make sure I get one made up for you and sent back.

If you friend needs some slate let me know I'll get some sent your way too.

I searched while I was in Florida but found nothing. Season start's here April 13th so that's when I'll get started on the serious looking.

Why don't you hold on to it and I'll get you some $$ for shipping when I send you a call.

Good luck with the longbeards.

Jerry

Reaction score
arrowhead/tominator were can i find some cut slate about 1/8 in think. i also finda lot of turtle shells in the woods behind my house.

Tominator

Reaction score
how many pieces do you need and what diameter?
Tominator

Tominator

Reaction score
Oh BTW, I nabbed another large shell on opening day. Looks to be another load of shells coming in this year. I cn't believe you don't find more than one or two a season.
Tominator

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I was out scouting today. Saw a gobbler by himself and one lone hen.

No turtles. Not even live ones.......

Tominator

Reaction score
You don't think it's my hatred of snakes that keeps me looking where I'm walking and finding all these shells do ya?
Tominator

Tominator

Reaction score
You ready for the shells I picked up this season?
Tominator

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I'll take what ever you got. I want to pay for shipping this time. I'll send payment in tomorrows mail.

I found 1 live turtle, 1 coon skull.

I still haven't gotten around to making the small one you sent me, but I should now in the next couple weeks. It should fit right in "Little Tominators" hand. Nothing fancy.

Thanks Glen.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I covered some ground this year but no box turtle shells I'm sorry to report. I even checked our farm near Bowling Green Mo. that always has a turtle shell or two and nothing. I'm not sure if all the rain and flooding had anything to do with it but I coulda got you all the frogs, annoying woodpeckers and waterlogged deer you could handle though.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom