• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

As axon

g791

This one was caught out of long beach last week. 13 pounds!

Sent from my Torque

asaxon

Bull bug

I thought of you when I seen this. 70 year old lobster!!! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=872422446104069

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tx Scottmarine. Nice bull bug. Our west coast lobster actually aren't as old as their east coast cousins - if that was from the East, it would be 70+ but my understanding is that even the 18lb lobster out here are likely just to be pushing 60-70 years. We release all big males over 10lb and females over 6lbs just out of respect. Here is a friend, Mel (aka LABugman), releasing a 16lb bug.
View attachment 84617View attachment 84618View attachment 84619

Below is a 10+ lb bug who was returned to the ocean after molesting me.

View attachment 84620

Right now I'm in New Zealand. Take are of California for me...

Andy

Last edited:

cjack

Good on you Andy as well as the biologist in the video for releasing the large bull lobsters so they can continue breeding. If there were more like you with that mentality all species of animals would be in far better shape.

Top Bottom