Attaching camera to case lid?

theck

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone keeps the cam from fallling out of case when they open it. Mine is back in the case a little, but I need to get it closer. So, I was going to try to attach it to the lid.

fishingsetx

Reaction score
I know most people use foam to make their cams, but I use 1"X1" boards and a brad nailer. My cases open from the top though. Could you put in a foam spacer, cut a slot for the wires, and glue some kind of thin plastic (like a coke bottle) latch to the inside? with my set-up, I dont need to put a divider between the flash and the lense because I cut two different holes and the camera lense is pressed against the plexiglass window. If you posted a pic of your set-up, it would make it alot easier to give you some ideas.

flyer05

Reaction score
I used some aluminum L bracket, cut a slot for some velcro and it keeps the cam secure in the flash gasket. Brackets are pop riveted to the case.

Attachments

Lechwe

Reaction score
Flyer,

Nice idea, I never thought of that. How did you secure the aluminum to the case lid?

I use a small bungee cord to keep my camera attached.

Attachments

flyer05

Reaction score
Edited my first post to reflect pop rivets. after the camo job they disappear.

flyer05

Reaction score
Nice setup by the way. I will add some foam to my case to clean it up a little. and route some of the wires.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I put velcro on the face of my cam and on the inside of the case hold it right up against the case.

T

trailwatcher

Theck,

I'm not using the pelican case but in this case it doesn't matter what type of case you use. After I locate my lens hole and the flash hole, I place the cam where it sees good out of the holes and mark a spot on the door (inside) at both ends of the camera about 1/2" from the camera. Drill 3/16" holes there and place 3/16" x 2 1/2" stainless bolt w/ lock nut to hole screws tight against door. With screws in place, I cut a piece of 3/4" X 1/8" flat aluminum to go across the back of the camera between the two door mounted screws. This is finished off with two wing nuts for fast removal. One end of the flat bar is drilled for permanent mounting and the other is slotted like a latch. Tighten down as much as you need to to hold camera in place snuggly against the door and lens. I would provide pics but my cams are still in the field. Besides, I have not yet figured how to attach pics. Help me with the pics and I will gladly show you my latch setup. Oh, I forgot, I also set the camera on a piece of aluminum angle or on the bottom of the door. Either way works fine.

commandoking

Reaction score
At the bottom of where you are typing there is a button called browse click it and go to your picture file through there then when you have it selected click add reply

theck

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Right above the add reply button under the box you type these messages in is a box that says Browse. Just click it and find your file on your computer that has your picture. Click on the picture and click open. Then, all you have to do is click add reply as normal. You might have to resize your pictures to something around 600 x 400.

Autoed

Reaction score
I glued a shelf onto the inside of the door, and drilled a hole in it to match the threaded hole on the bottom of the camera. A small bolt and a washer can be snugged with my milti-tool when I set the camera up just before going to the field.
As to the type of glue... RTV silicone looks good a first, but will pull loose after awhile. I am trying the hot glue right now, but don't have any long term results.
Ed

T

trailwatcher

Theck,
Thanks man, I didn't expect anything to go. Anyway, maybe now I can send you a pic of the latch setup I am talking about. I will be goint out to get my cams this weekend.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
I have made a few Cams where its attached to the Lid Using Mike's "AEH" Flash Gaskets... they work great by the way...

I used small Hinges and seperated them. Mounted half to one side and Pinned both ends within the hinge to lock them in place. the other end created a Loop. I took a 90 degree Hinge and Modified it. allowing a small edge to catch and grasp the bunge to draw it in place. its no fuss Very quick and easy and allows good pressure against the flash gasket and hold the camera in place. I Installed the Photo Diode from the slave in the small corner area of the Olys flash window.

I will post several pictures here to show it... I would like to put them all on 1 page but cannot, so each is seperate soory bout that.

Dan

Attachments

Top Bottom