Attn: SO CAL Hunters

3shot

Reaction score
I was up around the Baldy Mesa area over the weekend and the SBNF people had an information center set up at the OHV staging area. Stopped to chat and this is the information they gave me.

They plan to take the forest to the "CRITICAL" stage by the end of next month (Aug). This means the entire forest will be closed to any and all traffic. Absolutely no one is allowed anywhere in the forest. So I ask... "No hunting this year?" They said.... "No, none at all".

So I ask... "What conditions will it take to get the forest open again?" They said.... "At least two snow packs. Actually, we believe the forest will be closed until after January of "05".

Now, I realize that these people are not the actual decision makers…. just the messengers. But I have to believe that there is a lot of truth in what they said to me.

This is not good news.

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the Los Padres NF? Specifically the area around Frazier Park. I'm planning on going there for archery deer but if it'll be closed I'm turning in my tags and pulling my vacation request right now.

Thanks, Guy

jmartinez74

Reaction score
I was there for the rabbit opener, and it was open to hunting with
firearms. However, it was closed to target shooting. It's not good
with these fires burning close. They might cause the forestry to close
it on us. I hunt deer and bear in the Frazier Park area and I call
the Rangers often. The number for the Frazier Park Ranger SStation
is (661) 245-3731. Give them a call and they should be up
to date on any closures. Good Luck and Good Hunting!

vrstull

Reaction score
As far as upland bird hunting goes there are still plenty of places to hunt in the Sn Bndo Mtns outside Nat'l Forest boundaries.
Vic

Latest Posts

Top Bottom