Attracting Ducks?

doublebeard

Reaction score
Hey Fellows,
    How can I get ducks waterfowel to use my ponds I have access to several ponds in fields,edge of woodland,etc in several sizes but it seems that there isnt many ducks using them some of them I havent seen a duck even close to Is there anything I can do to get the ducks  to use them ?
Iam in Kentucky and not on a big flyway but do see a few flying through each year
Thanks For Any Help You Can Give

Spec

Reaction score
Try planting some duck atracting plants along the side of the banks of your ponds this might help ,but if you are not in the flyway they may never be a great place to shoot if this is the case you will have to limit the amount of time you spend hunting at your ponds less hunting pressure will increase the amount of birds using the ponds ! Birds not shot at tend to gather in small groups more often. This might be one of those hit it once a week places smack them and come back next week!!

doublebeard

Reaction score
Thanks
   Once a week would be fine for me What kind of plants should be planted and where do I find them

Loomis

Reaction score
You might try contacting your local department of fish and game.  See what kinds of plants they introduce into areas for waterfowl...in California a lot of the public areas have intoduced Smart weed, swamp timothy, and bullrush, all of these ducks seem to chow down on..good luck

Top Bottom