ATV Disc's

rabbitslayer

Reaction score
I'm in the market for an ATV disc. For those of you that have them... What brand and model is your favorite? What features should I look for? How much of a difference is there between the performance of smooth round discs and the notched kind? Any help would be great !

harleydavidone

Reaction score
I picked one up at a used farm implament dealer for $100, it has a front and back section with 2 gangs on each. My Sportsman 500 pulls it like mad!!!! It is much heavier duty than anything you can buy new and much cheaper.

JimGA

Reaction score
I've got a Summit disc and have been pretty happy with it. I'm sure the Tuff Line discs from Biologic are comprable but I like the fact that Summit will fit (barely) on my 4' wide ATV trailor. The gang angles and the attack angle are adjustable and fairly easy to change and I got the hang of adjusting them quickly to create a pretty smooth plot. Summit has also been pretty good about supporting it. I got one of the first ones sold at a Farm show here in the south and they sent me improvements as they made minor changes. Overall I'm happy and so far it seems to be pretty durable.

Jim

dueber

Reaction score
I bought a Plotmaster last Spring and it is simply AMAZING. Very spendy at 3 grand, but I can't imagine how anything else could come close to doing all the things this beast does. If you are interested, I can go into some detail. This implement is especially useful if you have ground to prepare that has been sitting idle for a long time and has alot of thatch/grass to work up. In fact, I'll go so far to say if you have alot of thatch/grass, you will be disappointed if all you do is throw an atv disc unit at it. I have no connection whatsoever with the company that makes or sells these, but would easily feel good about plugging this product to anyone.

Mailman Bill

Reaction score
I bought a section of an old spring harrow for $25 and have used it for 5 years now. It pulls up burried rocks (if you have any). It is adjustable on the depth and you can raise up the hooked springs far enough it will slide on the sled runners. It is almost heavy duty enough to be a plow. This has been the best 25 bucks I have spent in a long time. Mailman Bill

bowkill74

Reaction score
I bought a little harrow disk from fleet farm works great just have to add some weight to it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom