August bucks

wapiti

Reaction score
Note the odd "point" at base of right antler.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Haven't seen you in a while Elk, does it take a Wildlife Biologist to find these monsters!  good pix's, thanx for making my mouth drool......

Tinhorn

wapiti

Reaction score
Hey Tinhorn, I've been lurking more and posting less.  

One of these days I'm gonna get a pic of a "shooter" buck.  I'd have to pass these since we have a 1 buck limit here.  I'd say the bigger buck is possibly a 3.5 year old and the small 8 is definitely a 1.5.

It's funny how when I hunt I see more bucks than does, other hunters may see more does on the same property.  I have cams like this one that have yet to get a doe pic and others that are only getting does and fawns.  That's what hunting is about, ....the right place at the right time!

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Great pics wapiti! Good to see you again! I dont know how you could let that top buck go.....that would take a lot of will power!!!!!  thanks for posting!!!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Nice bucks.  I do like the top one.  I would have to size him up real hard with a bow in my hand.

max

Reaction score
Nice Look'in Deer!!! Look at the belly on the first one,definately an older buck...

StringShooter

Reaction score
The top buck is getting some age on him for sure. You can usually tell when they get the widening of the antlers like on his left side.

My guess, but he may have reached his prime already.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Deer get pot bellies too, I don't feel near as bad now  he he

wapiti

Reaction score
I don't believe the top buck is older than 3.5, he's got another couple years to be in his prime.  They usually get lead "poisioning" by then though!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Wapati >> ONe buck limit for the state or on your club/lease if your on one?

One buck limit would make the game cam that much more an important tool. Knowing there is a bigger
buck aorund your hunting area and holding out until you see him. That top buck is a nice one but I knew there was a bigger one around I'd wait it out.

Good Luck.

wapiti

Reaction score
KY has a one buck limit.  It has greatly improved the quality of our herd.  We had a 290 NT killed last season and a 206 typical the year before!

The cams are definitely an asset!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom