Australian duck hunt protester shot.

16onrockandroll

Reaction score
That would be an interesting scenario in CA. It looks by all accounts to have been an accident, and it is illegal here to interfere with people who are lawfully hunting, so just by being there, she would be breaking the law (it appears by the comments, that there is something similar there as well) so I think a lot of the blame will rightfully fall on her shoulders. A lot of the commentors are blaming the shooters age, but how careful can you be with 1500 yahoos standing around your duck blinds trying to stop you from legally hunting?

Orygun

Reaction score
This is par for the course on what goes on down there. I'm sure jindydiver can give us the whole scoop. The protesters have had live bands playing loud music on party barges cruise by the hunters on party barges. There was/is at least one group of anti hunters that have emergency vets on staff and if they can get to the crip before the hunters they will grab it and rush it in for medical care. Different country different culture different rules.

It does speak well of the Aussies that there are no serious issues for them do deal with that they can devote their time to ruining hunting. I mean. with earthquakes, tsunamis, radiation dangers, civil wars in the Middle East, these folsk can just waddle on down to the lake and spend their day interfering. If this woman was in say Afghanistan, she might have been stoned to death for being out there. She could have been blown up by a terrorist going to the market, she could be starving to death in a famine, etc. But no, she can just plan to spend the day being a pest.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
From reading the comments I gather they have a law about no interference or, at least, no trespass into the hunting area by protesters, until 10 am. That's why the time is so important in the article I guess, since she was supposedly injured at 9:15 am. Sounds like a pretty stupid law since it allows them to interfere for at least half the day. However, that being said, I guess they don't really enforce it since all these yahoos where out in the line of fire before 10 am.

jindydiver

Reaction score
Something I wrote in the other thread about this...

The protester that was shot was breaking the law, something that Police and wildlife officers have been slow to enforce for years now, and those Police and wildlife officers are as responsible for her injuries as she is.

And some stuff to balance the crap from the newspapers
http://www.fga.net.au/the-lookout-th...e/w3/i1056770/

Yes Orygun, it is sad but true, we have many people who are sucked in by the vegan bullshit and think that heading out to a swamp and running around like an idiot in front of 2000 duck hunters chomping at the bit to start collecting a tally is a good way to spend an Autumn weekend.
The area around town of Donald was hit hard in the flooding this summer and the town welcomes the duck season each year for the business it brings to town.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/gallery-0-1225987594880?page=46
http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2010/09/08/3005802.htm

In years gone by the town folk have treated hunter and anti alike, just as wallets walking in the door, but this year they are making a stand after coming to their senses and realizing that supporting the anti's will just kill the golden goose (a decision helped a lot by the number of dud cheques given to businesses last year by the anti's calling themselves "the duck army")

Last edited:

Top Bottom