Autofocus

Ten Pointer

Reaction score
This is my first post.  While looking at the directions to modify the Owl PF Date, I noticed that the shutter and autofocus pins are soldered together.  Does this disable the autofocus or does the autofocus still work?  

Ten Pointer

Dbworld

Reaction score
Someone with more knowledge may want to explain this in detail....but I wired mine this way and I have noticed that my camera does seem to auto focus on the closer sapling instea of the deer.  So I'd have to say yes it does work. Also I cut my holes so the autofocus could look through the window.  Some people don't and I believe the camera focuses to infinity in this case.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi 10p,
The AF should still work.  The reason some people use three wires (AF & shutter NOT soldered together) instead is so you can use all of the functions of the cam when it is removed from the trail-cam housing (read owners manual about focus locking).  If you never plan to use the cam ouside the trail-cam, don't bother with the 3 wire setup.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
and another reason some use the 3 wire hook up is those who use, or plan to use a Refresh Pulse to keep the Flash Circuit Charged for faster Cam "Firing" times (the flash don't have to charge as long to reach the Flash Ready condition when it's fired by teh PIR.....

Top Bottom