automated photocell?

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
motion sensors and the  2 they had both had an automated photo cell that made the sensor only good at nite. at dawn the sensor turned off. is this the way all sensors are or  just these two? also will only certain motion sensors work with certain cameras?

cc

MBullism

Reaction score
The photo eye thing is an extra added "feature" on those rigs...  similar to the nightlight in my hall that comes on when it gets dark...  The RS and MS20 don't have this (but I guess the MS20 could also come packaged in a similar setup, I don't really know as I use the RS)

As far as compatability goes, the PIR is only used to trip a relay switch.  If you can get it to do that correctly it works.  The cams are modified to trigger the shutter from a relay switch.  If you can get it to do that correctly, it works.  From there it's mix and match, far as I know.  That's why peeps use the owl PF or AF etc, with either the MS20 or the RS PIR successfully.  It's more a function of whether or not the individual components are compatible with the function, rather than the other components...

davered1

Reaction score
The MS20 has a night only cell on it. I remove it although I think tinhorn said it won't work with battery juice anyways(I THINK).

When the MS20 is in TEST mode the night feature is disabled anyways,flipping switch to AUTO mode is when the light sensor would work. I just remove it and it works in both AUTO(1.25 min delay) & TEST(10 sec delay with 1 resistor swap) modes.

If you are adding a timer to unit you woould run in test mode as  well.

Any camera that is shown on this site will work wit hany sensor shown,the PIR's are modified so that they only complete the shutter circuit on camera, No power or anything else goes t o camera,just electroncally shorting out the 2  or 3 shutter wires.

Help any?

(Edited by davered1 at 11:23 am on July 21, 2002)

shadow

Reaction score
I picked up a little night light at wal mart and just taped off the "dusk/dawn" sensor so that it stays on all the time. More or less just faking it out.  I don't know if this would work for your setup but just a thought anyway.

Good Luck.

Top Bottom