axis deer Bow hunt

hawaiijed

Reaction score
Aloha gang, well we just got back from lanai for a 5 day hunting trip with string and stick. (where from Big island) I never hunted lanai with a bow so i knew it was going to be exciting, We hunted spot and stalk, and sitting in ground blinds. there was alot of activity and these axis deer are smart. well my buddy got a nice buck but unfortunately we were unable to recover the deer.

i had a few opportunities and got an arrow of at one at 40yds spot stalk the deer had no idea i was there, and the deer jumped my string and the shot placement was in the back leg and after tracking hour later no buck, i hate not finding a wounded animal. but it does happen.

I gotta say dont do spot and stalk hunting with scent lok clothing damn was it hot.. lol!!!

Well it came to the last night hunting down in manele bay going after coastal bucks, spot and stalk and about 30 min left of light we saw white feet 50yds away on the kiawe trees moving so we acted quickly and got into position no trophy bucks but we got inside to 30yds and the bucks were about to fight posturing up scraping trees and circling each other. Edd, got the range 30yds i was shacking like crazy i guess you would call it buck fever! perfect broadside deer had no idea i was there and drew back deer caught our movement and released my arrow and 40yds later buck down.
Mathews Z7 X does it again

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
The more I learn about axis, the less enthused I am to hunt them with a bow. Let's hear about those stalks and the terrian and the condition of your boots now. LOL

flingem71

Reaction score
The more I learn about axis, the less enthused I am to hunt them with a bow. Let's hear about those stalks and the terrian and the condition of your boots now. LOL
I say, the more challenging the better. Nice buck and great story. Nothing beats getting the job done with a bow! Bruce, you headed this way to hunt anytime soon?

DISCLAIMER: some of the things I say may be unfiltered, offensive, or even complete B.S.

Top Bottom