Bachelor groups

Stale

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is unusual to see a bachelor group of 14 bucks in a semi-suburbasn area. I was in a field where i could hear the neighbor kids play when this happened. There was one monster ten pointer with three good size eight to ten pointers and about 10 small forks and basket sixes. I was curious if anyone else has seen this large of bachelor groups around? It wasn't on my property but it was across the railroad tracks from my land. I don't see very many big deer on my land but there is a lot of 4-wheeler traffic and pressure on them.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
Welcome to Jesses, Stale. The bucks are usually in bachelor groups this time of year. That will soon lead to deciding the pecking order for breeding rights come this fall. 14 bucks and a couple of keepers in 1 group? It sounds like you need to herd them my way. I'll keep them safe and sound (until the first day of bowseason). If they're living in the suburbs, they're used to people sounds and smells. It sounds like you've got a pretty good little hotspot, if you can hunt there. I wouldn't be surprized if there's others thinking the same thing already.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom