Back at it again at Elsinore

SoCalbowfisher05

Went to Elsinore today and grabbed the bike and carp cart and headed to the shore area, perfect day sun out no wind got there about noon strapped up the sled and started wading in the water and within seconds bam first shot and it's on!!! TONS of fish up shallow again in knee deep to ankle deep of water saw lots of fish swimming up shallow then saw tails sticking out of the water, but by 2oclock things went vacant seemed as if fish were up shallow to feed in the mid-morning to noon but then by the afternoon they all headed back deep, ended up with 14 fish totaling almost 100lbs a lot more eggs in these fish only meaning spawn is closer and closer just depending on weather
View attachment 87896
View attachment 87897

Wild1

Well done - love it!! I might need some more pictures of your carp cart, I don't believe I've seen one like that!

OPAH

Looks like some real fun, love the Idea of the cement tub to float with you, Now your were wading not on a boat correct?
I have been wanting to set up a bow for fishing, just don't know what I would use the Carp for? hate to kill and not use it.
The cart appeared not to have a swivel front end to steer with and pretty small tires, is that a issue in the sand?

SoCalbowfisher05

It's actually an ice fishing sled that I've ordered off amazon may be close to the same thing that your talking about,
Yes I am wading about knee deep at most
I use my carp for fertilizer in the garden, then I freeze them and chop up to feed a predator pond (oscars,bikers,pacu etc), also in lobster hoop nets, and crawdad traps up in big bear
Correct no swivel on the front but I have no problem with steering when being pulled behind a bicycle it sways back and fourth a little but nothing I can't handle just no sharp turns with it which I never need and the sand isn't to loose at Elsinore mostly compacted except for a few small areas

OPAH

Super cool, Damn Elsinore not to Far from me, That would sure help pass some time between Hunting and times like now.
Going to kick around a cart, I Fab just about anything, wonder if Carp cut bait would work for Catfish?

MariotheBarber

Im jealous man, that must be fun as hell. I too would like to try bowfishing. I didn't know you could catch crawdads up in Big Bear either, I'd love to try that. And Opah, I bet that cut up chunks of carp would be great catfish bait, I've caught my biggest cats on fresh cut bait

SoCalbowfisher05

Ya the only down fall with elsinore is the fact the shore area is 2 miles to designated zone but with a bike and cart its a breeze and a good workout, and yes OPAH i have heard of people using them for catfish just need a really sharp knife or hatchet to get thru the bone cage carp have lol

Yes Mario good size crawdads up in big bear i dont know the regulations on it so u may have to check with BBMWD but i always see people pulling out traps by the damn.

MariotheBarber

^^^ Thanks for the tip man, I'm gonna have to look into that. I used to catch crawdads out of the Arkansas River in Colorado as a kid, fun times..

MariotheBarber

Also, how do you use the carp as fertilizer, if you don't mind me asking? Theres a lake right by me thats having problems with carp, and gardening season is upon us... I never thought to keep the carp since they're not too edible, but if I can use 'em as fertilizer I'd be interested in keeping them..

OPAH

Do as the Indians did, Dig Hole throw I fish, throw one seeds, bury, water and wait

SoCalbowfisher05

Farmers will just put the fish anywhere in there fields, when i use them i make a mulch pile out away from the house and put them in the bottom of the pile or i chop them up (kinda messy) and mix them into the pile as well

Wild1

What a great job you did on that cart, thanks for posting the pics!!! Ice fishing sled in the shallows is a great idea too, beats a bunch of carp dangling off your body (been there done that!).

See you during the spawn...!!

Top Bottom