• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Back for Boar 2019 for High # JHO Posters

CottonwoodHunting

It has been a while but I am back on the forum. This is a special (super low price) hunt because I am jump starting my business again after a hiatus. I am offering a hog hunt for the forum member with the most forum posts next to their name.

Date of Hunt
Saturday, Aug 3, 2019

Pigs Seen Recently?
Have pigs been seen on the property recently? Yes.

Hunt Package
Two People ($200 Total)
$100/Person
Madera, CA
Several Thousand Acres
1-Day Hunt (Saturday)
Semi-Guided
One-Night Lodging (Friday Night, Aug 2nd)
Lodging in Rumpus Room (Pictured)
No Kill Feed
No Guarantees
Hunt on Foot
Rifle Hunt

Madera, CA, 30 minutes from the 99 Freeway, 45 minutes from Fresno, CA. Details to be provided at booking.

Price
Yes, it is only $100 per person for a total of $200 for two people.

Partial List of Rules
Must sign waiver at check-in.
Must wear orange.
Must bring license and tag.

The Hunt
You will hunt on foot. If you kill a pig, you will call me and you will be picked up in the truck. The hunt is on Saturday from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset (legal hours).

The Catch
The catch? I ask that you post a couple photos in this thread with a paragraph (or longer) write-up of your hunt. If you don't get a pig, you can write that! If you get a pig, great! In other words, if you book this hunt, I just ask that you reply in this thread with some photos and a paragraph or two write-up of how your hunt went.

Research My Threads
You are welcome to search the forums for my old threads but it appears that a lot of the photos have expired and are no longer hosted/visible. I am posting some photos below.

Selection of Hunters
If no one is interested, that's okay! But, I am assuming there will be people interested in this hunt. If you are interested in booking this hunt, please reply to this thread and post a photo of yourself with a pig you've killed. In other words, post a photo in this thread. (The photo must be of you with a pig.) I will message the person with the highest number of forum posts next to their name. I will offer that person this hunt. If you see that someone with more forum posts than you has posted a photo, I recommend that you still try for this hunt! There is a chance that the person with the most posts will not be available and the runner-up will have an opportunity for this hunt. I will "close" entries on Monday July 29 2019. If your post (with the picture of you with a pig) is dated Tuesday July 30 2019 then it will not be counted.

One Person, One Package
I am offering this hunt package to the one person who will book the package for two hunters. In other words, I am choosing the person with the most posts. If that's you, be prepared to bring you and a buddy to this two-person $200 hunt. (I am not selecting the two people with the most forum posts. I am selecting the one person with the most forum posts, and they have to bring a buddy. I am not matching people up with their hunting buddy.)

Alright, alright, alright!

PS. Note to moderators...I was a JHO sponsor previously. I have not been on the forums in a while. Just now, I tried a "Advertise on JHO" link but it was a dead link. I want to become a sponsor again. Please do not delete this thread. Please give me a chance to sign up to be a sponsor. I am not sure where to click or who to email so please let me know. Much appreciated.

pigspighunt.JPG

2018 03 23 ABC.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wtf! Damn wish u had this offer a few years ago when I lived in Cali my friend...lol I would of been in the running for the hunt!
great to hear from u Erik welcome back my friend and look forward to your future hunt postings. Cabin looks real nice and comfy.......tra

Bubblehide

Hey Erick, nice to see you back!!!!!

A couple guys are going to get a sweet hunt here.

If I can only figure out how to post a pic here:confused::confused:

P304X4

I'm new at this but you might try a PM to FTTPOW or Belchfire to be a sponsor, their here quite often. Jesse posted in another thread that the easiest way to reach him is by email: [email protected]. Welcome back, I hope this will help.

Cottonwoodwoodhunting:

PS. Note to moderators...I was a JHO sponsor previously. I have not been on the forums in a while. Just now, I tried a "Advertise on JHO" link but it was a dead link. I want to become a sponsor again. Please do not delete this thread. Please give me a chance to sign up to be a sponsor. I am not sure where to click or who to email so please let me know. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

jhill528

F5CD9B69-824C-4BFC-A6CC-A857D6D4073F.jpg This is such an generous offer. Her is me with my first pig back when I was 17. After hunting pigs with my dad on public land many times with no success and as his health was failing, he finally decided to go hunt Tejon Ranch with me. This big boar will hold memories for a lifetime. I hope I have a shot at this trip. Thank you for such an awesome opportunity.

J.C. Hill

CottonwoodHunting

I'm new at this but you might try a PM to FTTPOW or Belchfire to be a sponsor, their here quite often. Jesse posted in another thread that the easiest way to reach him is by email: [email protected]. Welcome back, I hope this will help.
Thanks! I emailed Jesse.

This such an generous offer. Her is me with my first pig back when I was 17. After hunting pigs with my dad on public land many times with no success and as his health was failing, he finally decided to go hunt Tejon Ranch with me. This big boar will hold memories for a lifetime. I hope I have a shot at this trip. Thank you for such an awesome opportunity.

J.C. Hill
Thanks for your interest and for the story, and for sharing the photo from when you were 17. Thanks for that. You are the only one to post a photo so far so you're definitely in the running.

Where's Bruce?

Good luck guys, my schedule requires at least 15 days lead time so I can't make it.

700lb boar FB modified.jpg

Would have gone with my Bubblebuddy but he probably woulda killed too many hogs, he's a blood thirsty, bacon-makin' sonuvagun.

Garys hogs.jpg

Had I been able to take advantage of this opportunity, my submission likely would have started out something like this:

It is predawn as we hike the foothills towards our hunting spot, a riverbed we studied on Google Earth. The morning mist has settled over the area with some thicker blankets of fog in the lower areas. It is here where we find ourselves relying on our navigational equipment. Using GPS and a phone we slowly creep forward, enveloped in an ominous mist. The air is still, the quiet overwhelming. We drop down into the riverbed just as the first fingers of dawn pierce the morning sky...then suddenly, the sounds of running hooves explode not 20 yards away. We landed right on top of a massive gathering of pork and they winded us before we ever saw em. We step to where the sound was...it's all tracks and broken ground. How many hogs made this mess? We could only guess and wonder. One thing was sure, we were in the right place.

Last edited:

SW011

Double strike against me, as I'm brand speakin new here, and out of town till the morning of the 3rd! But I'm excited to see who gets in on it, and hear the stories! Thanks for the opportunity, @cottonwoodhunting, appreciate your generosity!

SW011

Figured I'd post my photo and story anyway, since I clearly need more posts, haha!

22908651_10103840477449264_1420713598_o.jpg

I'm pretty new to hunting (just finished my 2nd season), but I was able to harvest this little guy in October of my first season (2018); my first and only pig. Drove out to a public spot in the afternoon I had been frequenting since August, and setup on a hill above a watering hole. No more than 5 minutes of sitting, 2 sows and a few piglets came over the hill across from me, and down to the pond. This was my first time even seeing a wild pig, so I quickly stalked down the hill, and on the way, opened my bolt halfway just to make sure a round was chambered (my mistake). I got into position about 75 yards out, put the crosshairs behind the shoulder, and pulled the trigger. *click*. Gun did not go off. Panicking, I ran the bolt as slowly as a could, but it was enough for the pigs to perk up, and start trotting up the hill. I repositioned, and tried taking a shot at the closest sow, now 150 yards away, and missed low. They never gave me another chance. I was stunned at what had happened; I've practiced with hundreds of rounds at the range when I bought the rifle 2 months back, and not once did I have a misfire! Bummed, I went down to the waterline, climbed up into a small oak, and setup a camera over the wallows on the shore. With the sun approaching the horizon, I headed back out the trail, and as I can around the corner, I saw a bunch of big dark boulders that I didn't remember being there. The boulders started moving, and I realized I was staring at a sounder of about 20 pigs. Determined not to miss another chance, I snuck over the ridge, and put my crosshairs on the nearest pig. This time, I connected, and sent the sounder sprinting, with one little one squealing. I sprinted towards the squealing, and was a big surprised; he looked so much bigger in the scope! He was still kicking, so I put one in the boiler room. My first harvest of any kind of animal, will never forget this hunt!

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wtg SW! Congrats on Your first animal kill a Public land wild pig awesome, Good little story and pic thnx 4 sharing!....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheGDog

Nice SW011! Man... there's NOTHING like that first big game kill, especially at Night! I remember lookin' over my shoulder like clockwork every few minutes, as I heard coyotes in the distance.

cjack

I can make it August 3rd! Would love the opportunity to hunt your property.IMG_20140124_163835_787.jpg

Last edited:

jhill528

Well it looks like I had the “entry” with the most post that’s got in before the deadline. I was gonna see if SW011 wanted to go but he’s not available. CJack if you’re available, You should go with me since you were the second person to post and I’d love a chance to go hunting with you.

Top Bottom