Back from Texas

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
How exciting! That’s going to look great on a wall. Here in Florida alot of outfitters offer axis hunts too. Thnx for sharing!......tra

pathfyndr

Reaction score
Nice axis buck you got there. Did you go with your first choice to hunt axis? Im out here north of houston about 1hr and have been searching for some guides or ranches to hunt axis but it requires me selling a kidney on the blackmarket. Plus they all want a few days minimum. I travel a bit for work and last axis i got was in Molokai Island last year. Heard they are out here aswell and now the craving to get out begins. got a few hogs out here and some kind of ram. Axis is next on chopping block. Thanks

ltdann

Reaction score
These guys were about the best deal around. https://www.westtexashunt.com/

A good outfit.

They have about 1 million acres on lease. Chances are good they've got something for everyone. Any style of hunting... I my try a schimtar oryx next year

ltdann

Reaction score
I did a fair amount of looking around before I settled on WTHO. They had Axis for every skill set and pocket book. We were after a free range semi guided and they were able to accommodate us. It was 26,000 acres, low fence, 3 days semi-guide, with lodgings $2500. Meat processing and taxidermy not included. They had cheaper management hunts and much more expensive hunts as well.

My crowd didn't have a private jet and we didn't need mints on our pillows;) We were just grateful for A/C. The humidity was like being in a monsoon in June.

Top Bottom