Backyard buck in Rocklin, CA

Backcountry

Reaction score
Can you see him hiding in the garden?

Here, let me help you...

This is in the city limits of Rocklin, deep in the suburbs... my cousin's backyard has a creek through the backyard, a "greenbelt" if you will, but still I'd call his neighborhood "typical-suburbia"... wall-to-wall houses.

Why bother even packing the truck when bucks like this are sneaking in your backyard?

Say, anybody notice anything odd about the rack? I do...

Backcountry

p.s. This guy wasn't alone... he had two buddys, both legal... what the heck are bachelor groups of bucks doing in the center of town? Damn ecosystem is going to crap!

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Great pic! rocklins in my backyard. I see bucks there all the time. Mostly off seirra college going towards the loomis area. thanks for sharing!

prohunter

Reaction score
Is that a shoulder mount stuck in the bushes?? Nice Buck! Yeah his antlers on his left sidefirk again in the front and not in the back.

Jake

Reaction score
NICE!!! Any houses for sale on that steet?

Backcountry

Reaction score
Originally posted by prohunter@Aug 9 2004, 07:54 AM
Is that a shoulder mount stuck in the bushes??
I asked my cousin to e-mail me some more pictures... he swears there were three legal (and live) bucks in his backyard.

Backcountry

Trinity River

Reaction score
Nice buck,no doubt.i have seen some dandys in rocklin,i know of a small patch of ground being developed as i type this that tradionally held up to 13 bucks in the winter,one as large as 26"-28' or so,and a monster non typical 5 x 6 with drops.Not to mention here in Loomis where i live we have some smokin' bucks running around.

oneclearshot

Reaction score
That's a nice lookin' animal fer' sure, BC...thanks for sharin' the pics...gets m' juices flowin' for this upcomin' Fall...if'n they don't go and impose fire closures on us or somthin' at the last minute!

Backcountry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Norcalihunter@Aug 9 2004, 10:54 AM
i dont get it. so is it a mount?
Nope, it's a real living/breathing deer... I didn't notice when my cousin sent me the pic that the way the deer is in the bushes, some might think I'm pulling their leg... he said he was going to send me a few more pics and I'll post those as soon as he does.

Cheers, Backcountry

C++

Reaction score
That sure is a pretty sight to see... hopefully they won't get pushed out by new homes being built.

prohunter

Reaction score
Yeah he is alive! I was just commenting that the way he is standing he looks like a mounted deer. It would be better if he was mounted in my living room!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom