Bahia de los Angeles

Pigbodies

Reaction score
I'm heading to Bahia de los Angeles this week with my father-in-law.  We're making the 12 hour drive, each way, and staying at Guillermo's.  My father-in-law was there about a month ago and it was so windy they could hardly even fish.  They only brought back one yellowtail.  Has anyone been down there lately, and if so, are there any Dorado yet?  I would also like to know if any bait has arrived.  I read a report on Bajanet that bait was still very sparse.

Hep

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I was there in mid June and we mised the fish.  It was great the week before we were there and great the week after.  LA bay has the wierdest conditions I have ever seen anwhere.  The wind can come up anytime and the water can go from downright hot to downright cold within a half mile.  Just keep a good attitude, go with the flow, and just be happy to be there.  With this attitude you will have a great trip regardless of yellowtail.  Also,you can always catch all the bottomfish you ever wanted.  Send me an email if you want more info.  Also check out http://www.campgecko.com for more info.  This is where we stay and it is a very informative site.  Have fun.

Pigbodies

Reaction score
SDHNTR,

I know what you mean about the weather down there.  My last trip down there we caught about 10 yellowtail one day and then got hit by the giant squid the next.  They're a lot of fun to catch, but not as fun as the yellowtail or dorado.  And as you said there is always bottom fish to be caught.  Thanks for the info and I'll report back as to how we did, once I get back.

Hep

Top Bottom