Ballistics for the TSX

dw33

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the ballistics for the TSX in 7mm? I can't find it on the Barnes site. I bought a couple of boxes to shoot and they group great out of my rifle, so I was wondering how they compare energy wise down range to lead bullets. Thanks in advance.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Use Barnes' B.C. numbers, weight and your velocity in a ballistics program to come up with your values.

This is the one I use: http://www.norma.cc/javapage_US2.asp?Lang=2

Plug in BC and weight at the "define your bullit" button, and then move the bars below the graph for velocity, range, sight height, etc.

There's a million different calculators on the web, but be advised, nothing beats real world experiments - shooting your rig out to ranges you might encounter, and seeing what you get.
That's what I'm doing today - Range day!!

dw33

Reaction score
Thanks Rancho. I bought a couple of boxes to try, and they shoot great out of my rifle.

dw33

Reaction score
The Barnes bullet keeps a good amount of energy, but I looked up the Remington Green and its energy really falls off. Any ideas why? Thanks.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Ballistics - a bullet's weight, speed and aerodynamics will determine energy downrange.

dw33

Reaction score
I guess the low BC kills the down range energy. Thanks.

Top Bottom