'Barack Obama Can't Win'

gwhunter69

Reaction score
First time that Hillary ever spoke the truth...

Candidate Clinton to Richardson: 'Barack Obama Can't Win'
Email
Share April 02, 2008 7:39 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and former President Bill Clinton are making very direct arguments to Democratic superdelegates, starkly insisting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., cannot win a general election against presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Sources with direct knowledge of the conversation between Sen. Clinton and Governer Bill Richardson, D-N.M., prior to the Governor's endorsement of Obama say she told him flatly, "He cannot win, Bill. He cannot win."
LINK

easymoney

Reaction score
News flash:
IMHO. He won't ever be President of the USA...

Sodhunter

Reaction score
The odds are pretty long against me now and getting longer every day but I'm sticking with my guess that Hillary gets the nomination. Obama is too dangerous of a candidate for President.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Sodhunter, I would love nothing more than for Hillary to steal the nomination away from Obama at this stage, but the chances of that happening is so minute that it is not even worth talking about. If Hillary were the nominee at this point, then the Obama and black voters would flock to McCain or stay home. The Democrat Party would be on life support for many, many years. At any rate, all the super delegate defections are moving Obama's direction AND DNC Chairman Howard "ARRRRRRRRGGGHHH" Dean is busily pressure super delegate to vote for Obama to prevent a nasty convention fight. Obama has this all but won. The ONLY way Hillary will win at this point is if something comes out SOOOO bad that Obama becomes repulsive even to the amorale liberal Democrat voters. I can think of only a couple things that would do the trick...Obama is a Ku Klux Klan outfit AND he switches his party affliation to Republican. What are the chances of that happening? Nil. I do not think even his alleged and rumored gay affairs would sink him at this point. It is over. Hillary's only chance is to make sure John McCain is the next President so she can run against him in 2012.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
I hear yo GW but remember it's the Dems. Whatever the polls say the day they vote Will decide how delegates vote. They don't care about the people's choice. Hillary can still drop another bomb. The media is all Obama at this point so I am probably wrong. Still gotta go with my gut though. Also when the real debates start between Conservative (supposedly) and liberal Obama will not be able to spoon about nothing and get away with it like he does now. Play the clip from Wright then Obamas wife saying the same rhetoric that nothing is satisfactory in this country till the blacks are finally in control. Then McVain in a uniform and Obama in his turban. The repubs are sounding a little like they may not vote to teach the party a lesson but when the rubber meets the road are they not going to at least vote AGAINST Obama? He's a racist who will throw his gramma under the bus to cover his arse and believes America is a bad country that needs to change. I doubt he can win but it is a scary thought.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Oh Sodhunter, I agree with you 100% about Obama electability against McCain. Obama is finished, it would take an act of God for him to win at this point in time, BUT Obama against Hillary...that is a different story. 80+% of voting in the primaries and caucuses is finished and mathematically Hillary cannot catch up even if she pulls 75% of the votes. Barring Obama completely self-destructing and going on a shooting spree, he is the nominee. Then you add in the DNC's working for Obama and Hillary's multiple "Liar, Liar Pants on Fire" eruptions and we have Hillary's chances of stealing the election close to nil. BUT in theory, she could still pull it off...but I would not run off to Vegas and lay down any bets unless you are a long shot junkie.
I should have put some money down on Obama way back when he announced. Dang, my gut told me then that he had a very good chance to take the nomination.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Everyone that believes her raise their hands. Wow, it is quiet in here.

Clinton Denies Saying Obama 'Cannot Win'
April 03, 2008 4:42 PM

ABC News Eloise Harper Reports: Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., denies she told Governor Bill Richardson, D-N.M., that her Democratic nomination rival, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., "cannot win" a general election against presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"That's a no," Clinton, D-N.Y., told reporters at the end of a press conference in Burbank, California, when asked if made the comment to Richardson.

LINK

Bullfrog 31581

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Obama will be stomped in the general election. I hope he is, but I have a hunch it won't be that easy. McCain is making some poorly timed statements that Obama is going to throw back in his face later. Obama's biggest weakness is his far left stance on many issues. Obama knows this, that's why he tries to lie about and cover up his previous stances. McCain needs to exploit Obama's stances to win, but I fear he won't. McCain keeps attacking people on his own side who attack Obama. That isn't going to do if he expects to win the election.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Per the polls at Realclearpolitics.com its a very close race. Of course November is a long way a way and things can change. If the economy go's south and we get more dead and wounded in Iraq it won't look that good for Mccain. Even if Mccain wins he may very well have a large and hostile democratic house and senate to work with.

Leftyhunter

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Ahhh, polls...still believing what you read lefty. I will bet that those polls are stack with Democrats to give the appearance that Obama is viable...typical MO of those "unbiased" polls. At any rate, even if 100% true, Obama has not been put through the ringer yet. He will not hold up. This guy is so unabashedly liberal that he makes Michael Dukakis look like Ronald Reagan. Throw a few Rev Wright sounds bites in there followed up by Obama's assertion that Rev. Wright is not controversial and *poof* you have a candidate that will probably lose his own state in the general election. This election is John McCain's to lose. I do not think there is anything that Obama can do to win at this point. But November is a long ways away, so miracles are possible...

Advertisement

Top Bottom