Barker Valley

deadducks

Reaction score
Well I went down into Barker Valley today 043002 and hunted till 1600 hours. Saw some deer (does) and some fresh turkey sign.  Did not see one but it was a great day in the woods.  Walked to the trail end and went S/E for about 1/2 miles along the creek.  Found an opening and set-up there.  Looked good to me and I dont think anyone had been in the area hunting lately.  Didnt see any fresh boot prints or such.  Called very little and just hoped one would come to me.  2 does walked by and I heard a very scary grawl/roar that I think may have been a mountain lion.  That woke me up and made me be very alert.  Well good luck out there these last few days.  I want to thank all who helped us new turkey hunters.  It was great getting out there chasing these big birds with advice from guys that have been hunting them for awhile.  Thanks and lets go figure out where to get a buck.

Rattler

Reaction score
DD,
     Just getting in the game is over half the fun.  Don't feel bad, alot of us (Me included) have struck out this year in SoCal.  I am at it again tomorrow and this weekend, but the pressure is on.  I have been pretty close twice this year.  
  I swear the last time I was out hunting I LOST 3 hours!  I was SO tuned into every sound, every raindrop (on relatively dry leaves) that I looked at my watch and it was 0735, and the next time I checked it, it was 1115!  It felt like 45 minutes.  I thought my watch had broken.  It's digital!  I know I did not sleep...I was "amped" up on Red Bull.  I wish work went by that quickly. Best-Rattler

metalkingdom

Reaction score
Red Bull is synthetic cow urine.  Check out the name of the "active" ingredient - taurine.  Think about the word origin, then go to their website and read the "myths and legends" section.  How many products have a "myths and legends" section on their website?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I'm sure you're joking, but just in case...  

Taurine has nothing to do with urine, although some forms come from bile.  It is a naturally occuring amino acid that occurs in several animals, including humans.  

This is a little off-topic, but just wanted to put to death any irrelevant myths.  Besides, I LIKE Red Bull, especially on those early morning hunts when I don't have time to make coffee.  Even if it were cow urine, I'd probably still drink it.  :)

shaginator

Reaction score
At the risk of taking this tread further off-topic, I just want to say that Speckmisser is only partly correct.

Taurine is actually the urine of marketing executives.

Rattler

Reaction score
CARE!  It keeps me awake after a two hour drive at 2 in the AM...and it kept me alive in the Gulf on security details.  Let's talk turkey!  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom