Barracuda and Seabass go off

Fubar

Reaction score
The fishing has really taken off. Yesterday many boats had limits of White Seabass and lots of Barracuda. At Long Beach Sportfishing the 3/4 day boat Victory had 385 Barracuda. At Pierpoit Landing they reeled in 74 White Seabass 7 Yellowtail and 300 Barracuda. LA Harbor had the Boat First String get 31 White Seabass and 35 yellowtail for 31 anglers. Their 3/4 day boat Sport King landed 145 Barracuda for 18 anglers. 22nd Street Landing had 94 White Seabass 12 Yellowtail and 70 Barracuda. Daveys Locker had their 3/4 day boat Freelance get 218 Barracuda. The Pacific Star lhad 35 White Seabass for 35 people and the Calibur got 21 White Seabass for 21 people and 8 Yellowtail. If you been thinking about going now is the time.            Fubar

MQ

Reaction score
So what happens with all the 'cudas. Are they edible? I can't imagine putting my hand anywhere near their mouth to remove a hook....

Fubar

Reaction score
MQ  Barracuda are good to eat. Some people dont like them but I have found that the reason for this is the fish werent cared for properly after they were caught. Barracuda is a fish that will get mushy if it is not kept cold all day. When you are fishing on a sportfishing boat the fish arent cleaned until the end of the day. It is critical the fish be kept cool by wetting them down. When you fillet them there is a strip of dark meat you should cut out too.This dark meat makes the fish taste strong. They are good BBQed or smoked. As far as the teeth are concerned they are usually not a problem if you use reasonable care,      Fubar

(Edited by Fubar at 8:52 pm on May 10, 2001)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom