Basement Archeological Dig

StringShooter

Reaction score
My dinosaur cams were just dusted off, checked and primed for their first trip to the woods once the weather cools off . I am going to try digital soon once some bills are paid off.

The two end cams are MS20's, Owl PF's, 12 vdc gell cells which are housed in a RS box.
Center cam is the same only using RS pir which frees up some space.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
SS >> I have been doing the same thing. I'll start putting them out in a week or so.

Can't wait.

Good Luck.

gizz

Reaction score
Stringshooter, i just went over mine as well. They look a lot like yours!!
I recently changed a bunch over to 9V from 12V cause i got tired of the gel batteries even though they worked great. I have yet to really use them with the low power mods so hopefully i didn't make a mistake.
BTW, Are you interested in some slightly used 1.2A gel Cell batt's? REAL CHEAP? $20 + shipping?
I still have a few of the 12V cams that i'm not gonna convert so I'm gonna keep a few around but I have about 6 that i won't need and i'd like to get rid of.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Thanks gizz,
I have about 7 or 8 gells now...some that I am not using either :crazeye:

I think I will do some reading about converting to 9v also. I have been so out of touch with the cams lately that I'm going to have to check to see how the MS20 is converted to 9V. I really don't mind the big gell cells as they do so well when the temps get really cold.

How does the MS20 wit the 9v hold up in really cold weather??

gizz

Reaction score
No idea on how the 9v setup will work in the cold since it's just been discovered this summer. Check out the post(s) by JonJ5A and you'll find all you need to know.

Maybe I'll save all of them 12V batt's just in case!! I could power the low power MS20 with the 12V gel's and I'd probably get 2 years of ON time! Now that's long battery life.

Top Bottom