Bass a 4 letter word?

swampdog

Reaction score
Was at a local bait shop and struck up a conversastion with a older man. He asked me what we were fishin' for I said some smallmouth, he got offended! Told me that bass were "redneck junk fish" That "real Michigan fisherman go for steelhead, walleye or pike" I told him I fish for everything but my wife, whom I was fishing with that day, likes to fish for smallies. What gives I didn't know bass were such a bad fish.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I've always found the smallies put up a good fight and we fun to catch.

To each his own I guess swampdog.

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Swampdog,

My best friend up in Cadillac area calls me a "Bass Alholoic". He is the one that started us fishing for bass but now is big time stuck on Muskies and walleys.

I agree with Jesse, smallies ounce for ounce fight harder than large mouths. I have fished on the Shennandoah in VA, that river rocks for smallmouth. If on any given day I didn't catch 50-100 fish it was a bad day.

I think the Muskie, Walleye and Pike mentallaity stems from the bigger fish means real anglers fish for those. I love fishing for Bass the most but also fish for them all.

MIB

swampdog

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I just think that we have enough problems as a outdoor community to fight or belittle someone that does something different than you. The "purist" are almost as bad as the antis!

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
Swampdog,

I agree, instead of fighting each other we need to team up and fight the anti's. We do not always have to agree, but respect each others positions.

MIB

Top Bottom