Basspro Rancho Cucamonga-No hunting pics

duggmain

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

Yesterday after hunting coyotes in AZ with my girlfriend (luckiest guy ever, right?), we stopped by the Basspro in Rancho Cucamonga to browse since it was on our way home.

Upon checking out, we wanted to see what was happening on the "Bragging Board" at the front of the store between the registers and the exit. Right off the bat I noticed something was missing. Where were the hunting photos? All I saw were fishing photos. I asked the gentleman at the exit what happened to the hunting photos? He told me they offended many of the shoppers at the store primarily buying camping gear who find hunting disgusting. Next, I spoke to a lower level manager and asked her "what happened?" She told me some customers have complained that the photos of dead animals it scared their children. I told her that it appears all of the fish in these photos are dead. I was also told hunting photos can be found in the archery department. I told her I think since the "Bragging Board" is not specifically in the fishing department it seems Basspro is giving preferential treatment to fishing over hunting. I then was directed to a manager named Justin. I made the same argument with Justin, he assured me the simple reason was no one who hunts with anything other than a bow has asked to have their pictures posted to the Bragging Board and there is no store policy to remove hunting photos from the Bragging Board. I should have told Justin about what the two other employees had told me but I was getting the feeling it would be a waste of time.

I think we should give Justin the benefit of the doubt by asking long gun hunters to represent by sending their tasteful hunting photos to:

Bass Pro Shops
Attention: Bragging Board
7777 Victoria Gardens Ln,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

Last edited:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Pilgrims from the city, it's a plague on society. THanks for the heads up, I havent been there in a bit but I always stop at the brag board.

socalhuntr

Reaction score
Maybe they should get rid of all those stuffed critters they have all over the place. I hate to see them offend anyone,

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
I had a couple pics up on that board. What a load of BS. I'm calling to complain, and if the store manager will do nothing, I will call headquarters. If that does nothing, I shop at Cabela's and Turner's exclusively from now on.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Someone take a pic of the brag board and take in some pics to post on it. Don't use the bloody ones so they don't have an excuse to say no

Bossbrott

Reaction score
I easily tip the scales, and that was all it took. I may just trim my BP card into bits if this doesn't get resolved? Soon

pathfyndr

Reaction score
That store has a sorry bragging board, for work I travel a lot and make it a ritual to stop at a cabelas or sportsmans warehouse and their boards are loaded with sweet pics. I think I buy more out of state than that surburban hunting store. Surprised they haven't taken down all the "dead" wall mounted big game from the store.

slanttop357

Reaction score
Maybe they should get rid of all those stuffed critters they have all over the place. I hate to see them offend anyone,
No $hit, veryveryvery good Goddam point, i am with jesse SME spend money elsewhere this is a bunch of crap. I will call too.

slanttop357

Reaction score
Thats what its all about Richard, i am surprised no one has said "general public" about the poor trout stuck in there little ponds, last time i was in there 2 nice Trout looked very sick color did not look right, to hell with BPS.

Marty

Reaction score
Interesting, Bass Pro is a sponsor of the NRA and American Hunter magazine. Wonder what corporate would say on this topic. Or will they conform to the whims of urbanism.

JohnCo

Reaction score
lol I hope that store gets hundreds of photos! Lots of places sell camping equipment, most of them don't have any hunting pictures. I would think it's in Bass Pro's financial interests to stand out and be a place hunters and fishermen want to shop at. And most of them do, hence the hundreds of stuffed animals and antlers.

slanttop357

Reaction score
Go into the camo clothing dept they got all kinds of scary critters mounted right on top of the display racks just waiting to scare the hell out of unexpecting children what a joke.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
It amuses me how sportsmen spring into action when someone removes photos from a wall, effectively boycotting an NRA sponsor but will not lift a finger to fight Agenda 21. It just blows my mind.

Read it and weep.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
From Scott Seward:

"Everyone, I just called BPS Rancho Cucamonga and spoke with Mgr. of Operations Dave Ghoulo (sp.?). I informed him I am a pro-staffer for a firearms mfg and hunter/angler, and before the internet explodes with accusations, I needed to confirm or deny this rumor. He said they would NEVER remove any hunting pictures, if they do, it's only those that have been up there for months and they need to make room for new ones (which I understand and have noticed they do on occasion). He then put me on hold and spoke to the stores general manager Bob Minor and Bob confirmed the rumor is not true. He was eager for me to inform him of the blogs that were spreading this information as they want to stop it immediately. He authentically sounded completely shocked, "we're a hunting store, we would never remove hunting pictures due to complaints." I told him to check this post and to visit Jesse's Hunting & Outdoors online forum."

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
It amuses me how sportsmen spring into action when someone removes photos from a wall, effectively boycotting an NRA sponsor but will not lift a finger to fight Agenda 21. It just blows my mind.

Read it and weep.

Brother I'm with you. It's one of many steps toward one world government and the total abolishment of any private rights. I lift a finger to fight it. Usually the middle one. Buy guns, own propery, grow your own food, many ways to fight it. I just wish more were awake...

54hawken

Reaction score
We posted some pics my friends boys first duck and several other photos of ducks, geese and quail on the brag board last week all were gone when I went in today. I asked If I could post some more pics of us waterfowl hunting and was told no because my springer was in the photos and it was illegal to hunt with dogs in California. Was also told that I could no longer take my dog into the store. When I told them that I am 26% disabled and the dog assists me they said too bad.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom