Basspro Rancho Cucamonga-No hunting pics

bgminor

Reaction score
Fellow hunters,

Allow me to clarify the rules of our brag boards and thanks to the people that actually did us the favor of calling the store to clarify vs. just blasting on the forum. We allow hunting and fishing photos on our main brag board downstairs. They must be reasonably tasteful since we are a family store and not everyone that comes in here hunts and fishes...we serve thousands of customers and generally most have an appreciation of the outdoors and the outcome of a hunting or fishing trip. You, our valued customers, are welcome to visit us and post or mail photos and we will post. When the board gets full as it often does, we do remove photos and we dispose of them. So, be sure it's a photo you don't mind parting with. Upstairs in archery there is a small brag board which primarily is for archery hunting photos, but is not meant to be for all hunting photos. The information obtained by previous conversations where it says we cater to camping and some customers complained is not accurate that I know of. We cater mostly to hunters and anglers as this is the core of our business and we will continue to do so. If anyone has specific questions I am available on email at (edited by ADMIN: bgminor --- at --- basspro.com) or by phone 909-922-5501. I'd be glad to speak with you. I hope this puts to bed any issues related to our brag board program. Thanks, Bob Minor - General Manager, Bass Pro Shops / Rancho Cucamonga

[ADMIN] We removed your email and replaced it with text to protect you from spam bots trolling the internet [/ADMIN]

bgminor

Reaction score
hi 54hawken,

If you know who you spoke with I'd sure like to know. They don't have their facts straight. On future visits tell the greeter your dog is your service dog and they should not question it provided your dog is calm while in the store. Unfortunately the SB County Health Dept has mandated we can no longer have dogs in the store...very sad for all who visited, trained here, socialized here...we loved it! But, since we are a "marketplace" and sell food, dogs don't mix any longer. Email me specifically with any info you have or if you would like to continue the conversation. Bob - (edited by ADMIN: bgminor --- at --- basspro.com)

[ADMIN] We removed your email and replaced it with text to protect you from spam bots trolling the internet [/ADMIN]

cjack

Reaction score
We posted some pics my friends boys first duck and several other photos of ducks, geese and quail on the brag board last week all were gone when I went in today. I asked If I could post some more pics of us waterfowl hunting and was told no because my springer was in the photos and it was illegal to hunt with dogs in California. Was also told that I could no longer take my dog into the store. When I told them that I am 26% disabled and the dog assists me they said too bad.
WTH??? They sell hunting dog equipment, illegal to use dogs? Can't stand the hypocrisy, may boycott Bass Pro.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Bob, thanks for chiming in and setting the record straight. Your explanation is professional and straightforward. Kudos, man! :thumbs up:

Guys, Bob is the General Manager; if any of you have specific issues, he has offered his personal email address and a phone number for a call. Folks, it doesn't get much more accomodating than that. Let's get the record straight and support those businesses that support our hobby and not fall prey to infighting.

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Bob, thanks for taking the time to respond to the rumors. Unfortunately in this internet age rumors take a life of their own. I do not shop at your store (too far) but I will stop by if I am ever down there. I do shop regularily at the Manteca store and they are very hunter and fisherman friendly. Your method of responding to issues impresses me, and I hope you do not lose business due to misinformation.

54hawken

Reaction score
Bob this is not the first time that your store has denied assistance to a disabled person. Last spring my friend signed his 2 boys up for hunters safety class and told them that his oldest boy was deaf and that they would need to contact the state so they could provide an interpreter. The young lady at you customer service counter told him that Bass Pro would not accommodate a deaf person. After that we asked to speak to the manager who told us the same thing. The following day he contacted dfg who contacted, they contacted your store to set up the interpreter for the class. about a month later I called the 800# about a problem I had with the personal in your store and told the about my friends boy, they had your operations manager call me he assured me this would not happen again.

Farmerdoug

Reaction score
I'll be the first one here to call straight "B.S." on this bragging board issue. I've personally put photos of friends and family on that board only to have them taken down immediately. None of the pics were distasteful or gory. In the past, you'd see tons of cool pics from our local D-zone hunters. The last few years there have been zip, zero, and zilch for pics. Seriously, I was born at night, but not last night. The last few times I've been there, that board was filled primarily with fishing pics and nothing for hunting. I'm sure the board does get full at times, but seriously, what are the odds? I've seen the board in the archery section. It's upstairs and way in the back. Almost completely hidden from the populous. Thankfully, those pics that Wild1 put up of his DIY pigs hunts have been there for years. Unfortunately, anybody who has posted anything on the main board below has been "yanked".

So I'll tell you what I'm going to do. In fact, let's all just do a little experiment. I'm going to take over a very "politically correct" picture of one the deer I shot in this year and hang it up. Let's see just how long it lasts....

slanttop357

Reaction score
Now lets see who says what, i am sure they have a good explanation Doug, its all about the big money.As Farmerdoug pointed out the photos get pulled rather quickly, FD we need to have people take turns going to BP, i am 15min away let me know when i should go a PM will do fine and just a little info so i know which one to look at.

Last edited:

54hawken

Reaction score
If you post any pics on the brag board pm me I drive by their on my way home from work, I can check every day to see how fast they pull them down

thewolfman

Reaction score
I've been there a lot lately and I ve seen a lot of the fish photos pin there for months...any hunting that's there don't sit there for a couple of days....I don't wanna call BS...but I m calling it as I see it....the bragging board was really nice when the hunting pictures were there...I m really disappointed....

cjack

Reaction score
Bob, thanks for chiming in and setting the record straight. Your explanation is professional and straightforward. Kudos, man! :thumbs up:

Guys, Bob is the General Manager; if any of you have specific issues, he has offered his personal email address and a phone number for a call. Folks, it doesn't get much more accomodating than that. Let's get the record straight and support those businesses that support our hobby and not fall prey to infighting.
No offense intended BelchFire but I have been going to that store since it opened and "Bob the General Manager" can say whatever he wants, there has been a change of policy and a change in the way the Brag Board is presented. Of course Mr. Minor would rather have you e-mail him or call him on the phone rather than call BP out on a public forum. I challenge anyone to put up a tasteful picture of a successful hunt, photograph the board then go back in three weeks and take another photo of the brag board, if it is still there I will be a believer! I need to see proof. As far as "supporting businesses that support our hobby" I couldn't agree with you more but please show me that you support our hobby and not just the idea of making money off of something that you are not behind 100%. Unfortunately in the great state of California, especially Southern California, our options are limited and there are very few places you can go for supplies that support our hobby, heck it's a 1 1/2 hour drive just to get there but my only choice for a hands on experience.

slanttop357

Reaction score
Well said cjack, phone call email for what reason theses CO,s that we keep in business need to stand behind sportsman/women in every aspect of our sport not just the wannabees that just like going to BP for the eye candy, and to get Billie a camo outfit because he likes camo and dont give a rats ass what that type of attire is meant for.

Orygun

Reaction score
Wow. Didn't notice any of that while in the store on a trip to see me folks in SoCal. Places like sportsman's have a braggin board right at the entrance and its hard to miss a couple hundred pics up there. I saw the archery pics in the BP shop. The store appears to be set up like most do with a regional emphasis. The fishing, esp. saltwater, gear was abundant as were the boats. My disappointment was in how little there was in the way of hunting clothing, camo patterns, etc. And the fact that there was a handful of camo tshirts for sale, most all in the 3-4XL range. Heck, had a great experience in the check out line while having credit card issues and wrote them to tell about it.

Look, you guys are in the belly of the beast as far as anti-hunting goes down there. I thought it ballsy that they even opened up a store there to begin with. Just hope it doesn't go the way of Turners (I have NEVER had a good shopping experience there, ever). Or that it morphs into a Big-5 or sports chalet where the hunting stuff about disappears.

Marty

Reaction score
What if everyone starts writing the 'posted' date on the photos pinned on the board ? See which drop off first.

MUDXICANHNTER

Reaction score
I stopped shopping there everytime I went was treated wrong and could see the racism in custmer service especially in gun counter never will I shop there again ill stick to my local gun shop bain&davis.

Rodburner

Reaction score
We posted some pics my friends boys first duck and several other photos of ducks, geese and quail on the brag board last week all were gone when I went in today. I asked If I could post some more pics of us waterfowl hunting and was told no because my springer was in the photos and it was illegal to hunt with dogs in California. Was also told that I could no longer take my dog into the store. When I told them that I am 26% disabled and the dog assists me they said too bad.
it's not illegal to hunt waterfowl with dogs or upland game not yet anyways

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
So we're the ugly uncle that gets shoved into the back bedroom when guests come over? Wow. From my experience the board is almost all fishing. I'm trying to remember any hunting pics at the checkout board. With the wacko antis NO hunting picture would be acceptable. Can we just have them kooks banned from the store? Many of them support terrorist orgs. I dont know many hunters that do that. Johnny Morris the owner is a Mizzurah boy too. SMH.

Top Bottom