Basspro Rancho Cucamonga-No hunting pics

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
cjack corporate is well aware that they are not allowing hunting photos on the brag board, it has been brought to their attention many times over the last month. They have the operations manager call those who complain and tell them that they just had a meeting and it wont happen again, that what they told me 6 of my buddies and you. 8 meetings so far and they still don't allow photos down stairs.
I am sure they got cameras everywhere at. BPS. If they wanted to know who is doing this, they would.
It also could be a nutty customer that is just a camper, backpacker etc..,that is anti.
Or it could be "policy" and all we're getting is lip service. I agree, quaildeath; if they wanted to know. I'm beginning to think they know perfectly well and it isn't rogue at all....

KTKT70

Reaction score
well.... If they do not fix it soon. or stop the "lip service" they will have many less guys shopping there. If they all want to find new jobs because there shop has to close.... I guess that's up to them. I for one would never endanger my income over something like this.

Last chance for BPS to make things right. If they do not. We all need to tell as may people as we can and post it on any and all sites we can think off. No love for us means no money for BPS... easy as that.

cjack

Reaction score
Last chance for BPS to make things right. If they do not. We all need to tell as may people as we can and post it on any and all sites we can think off. No love for us means no money for BPS... easy as that.
Any media people out there?

Stonepointer

Reaction score
I have never been in a BPS, so I have not seen the brag board you are speaking of, but a thought came to mind when it was brought up to have dead fish trophy photos put up, how about some fisherman help out their fellow sportsman by posting those fish that were taken by a bow? Some really good kabob pictures, so then BPS would have less room to justify this strange policy.

Of course, someone would complain and probably say no bowfishing pics after that though.

I was under the impression that hunting with dogs here was still legal, just not for bears or pigs.

The anti crowd would like to get fishing knocked down too, it is just a much harder sell for them.

Calif_Mike

Reaction score
Ha, cool. Bottom center pic in first group is me with my Anderson Flat buck from last year. Have had hunting pics on the Manteca board for years.

Bass pro in Manteca has a bunch of hunt pics

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
There's a BP within 3 mi. from our new house, hmm was that planed or did I just get lucky, hehe. As soon as I get a chance I will check out there brag board and post up, luv n Florida so far....tra
View attachment 80554

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wild1

Reaction score
I appreciate Bob adding his comments to this thread, but I'm not altogether sure the store policy, as related on this thread, is followed. I've posted photos on both boards, and Farmerdoug is correct - some the photos on the board upstairs in the archery department are still there. The problem, as I see it (and others), is that photos posted on the big board, in front of the store, are removed a heck of a lot faster than a month or two. I've personally posted photos on the board upfront, only to have them removed within DAYS, not months - I live close by. Far be if for me to give suggestions to BPS, but with a store that BIG, why not have more boards, and certainly bigger boards - for both hunters and fishermen….? We love to show our success, and other outdoorsmen love to look at them, and appreciate them. Come on BPS, listen to your customers!

Marty

Reaction score
Maybe Bob should set up a trail cam to watch the board ? :stir pot:

cjack

Reaction score
Could it be non or anti hunters are pulling the pics down?
No, we have had folks on this forum told that they have to post them upstairs. If it is an anti it's in house! Wish I lived a little closer I would be flooding their board with photos until I got an honest answer.

Wild1

Reaction score
Seems obvious to me - the last few times I was there, there was NOT ONE hunting picture on the big board at the front of the store….100% fishing pictures. Do the math.

smogtech

Reaction score
I have been in the store 3 times in the last few weeks; lots of hunting pictures are up on the main board. There has been a definite change on the board compared to just over a month ago when it was 100% fishing pictures.

Bowhunter_619

Reaction score
I was at the store last weekend and there was a ton of hunting pictures up. Everything from coyotes, pig, deer, and elk were represented.

cjack

Reaction score
This is good news, looks like we made a difference. Hopefully this new effort put forth by management will remain the norm from now on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Wild1

Reaction score
Well done! Thanks fellas, for being proactive.

slanttop357

Reaction score
And when some one is offended the management needs to deal with that person and explain why those photos are up there.

taxcollector

Reaction score
I was there today. Plenty of hunting pics up. IMO, here's what happened. Customer(s) complained to the manager about the 'bloody photos where the kids can see'. "customers was probably a PETAesq member(common tactic). Manager, having his head clear up his butt, makes a unilateral (without consulting coporate) decision to implement a new policy. "all dead mammal photos go upstairs". This policy was verbalized by the BP employee(s) to the customers who inquired about the missing photos. When you trouble makers ( :) ) called corporate, they called the manager, who cleary denied his unilateral policy...and also stated it will never happen again. I'll keep an eye on it, as I go there about once a week. So, Bob, IF it does happen again, I'll ask to speak to you at the store and while you stand there I'll call corporate right infront of you and send them a photo of the board. I will not standby while you allow PETA to run my Basspro, and I seriously doubt corporate will either.

Top Bottom