Battery amp ratings

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Can someone give me the website that lists battery amp-life ratings?  I searched this site for the post that included it but had no luck.

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'm lookin' for.  Thank you sir, can anyone add to this list?

TmKarren

Reaction score
on my first cam I used a makita 9.6 volt bat.  So I had to use a little bit bigger electrical box for the longer battery (4"wx7"Lx3"d).   I have been looking at these batterys too.  What amp hour do you use  I like to use the walmart brand PIR.  It's easy and cheep.  I would like to make the box a little smaller What amp hour should I use.  I would like one to last at least a week.  What one do you guys use??
Homer what one do you use,  I know you like this set up too.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Don;t know from experience yet and don;t have a clue how to calculate.  But I've read from earlier posts those 12 v 1.2 ah gel cell batteries ($10.50) from allectronics.com will run well over a week and are rechargable.  I've also read that the 12v is fine for the 9v radio shack relay that fits the ms20 so well.

I'm counting on it.  that's what I'm using.  In test it's great.  The last two I made I used 6v relay just because 6v lantern batteries are cheap and easy to find and I got a deal on a 6v motorcycle batterie.  That should last a loooooonnng time.

homer

Reaction score
TM I use a 12vdc gel cell 1.2 amp hour  cat# GC-1211. this is a rechargable battery so you also need a charger.I use the charger that came with my vexlar flasher it works great.I use the ms-20 and  I've never had a battery go dead on me.You can also get this battery from battey plus.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         http://www.allelectronics.com/          Homer

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
I've gotten over 3 weeks out of my 12 volt 1.2 a/h batteries. I think they will go longer and this is in the cold weather. The 6 volt 1.2 a/h batteries are smaller and they hold up just as well.

Batteries Plus has all kinds of gel-cells and they aren't that expensive. $12-$18 depending on volt and a/h.

TmKarren

Reaction score
thank you all for the info.  I'll start looking.  Thanks again.

Don

Reaction score
I am still putting the finishing touches on my first trail cam.  Since I was building it to save some cash I used a rechargeable gel cell from my son's toy jeep (Power Wheels).  It came with two six volt batteries rated at 9.6 amp hour each. They are little larger than regular six volt bat but the price was right.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom