battery dilema?

max

Reaction score
Here's what happens..Set the camera outside, One day maybe two days pass..Then bam, it seems like batteries lose their charge,usually about 3-4 false pictures are triggered.I bring the camera in and battery power on the camera shows low charge. I take the batteries out check them with meter and get 1.4 reading on both, put the batteries back in and the camera shows full charge on display and everything is working fine again? Anyone experience anything like this before? I built the d-cell battery pack with the dowels and tacks as a external power source,just shy about cutting into the owl for the leads..but I guess its an option:help:

Tinhorn

Reaction score
"Mad" Max

The cam should not rip off any pixs just because the cam's internal AA's get low?  The batts may have been low to start with

or, since it did take some pix's

I think your relay is holding down the shutter button too long, possibly several times (causing the multiple pixs) and running down the Cam AA's.  They'll temporarily charge backup when removed from the camera and show a full charge but not for long, esp in cold temp's

You may have a problem with the PIR (or whatever circuit is tripping the cam shutter)  I don't think replacing the AA's with Archy's Battery Adapter will solve the problem.  I bet I get over a dozen rolls of film on a set of AA's ! ! !

or

<shudder> maybe the cam's got a problem and is drawing too much current.......

Tinhorn

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi max,
I'd agree with Tinhorn on that.  Don't think low camera batts would cause pics to be taken - sounds like maybe low batts in the PIR itself - that's how my home-brew PIR sensors behave when batts get low.  *Load* test the PIR batts while they are at the temperature that they are being used at.
>>>>
The external batt adapter for the camera is only really useful in very cold conditions when the "AA" batts sometimes don't have enough kick to keep the cam going.

Archilochus

Top Bottom