Battery drain d-395

Stever

Reaction score
I have a d 395 that will drain the batteries overnight while the camera is out of the unit and off (cover closed).

When I close the lid the display and all lights turn off so it appears off.

My question is with pix controller if I wire this camera externally, would that solve the problem. That way the only time battery power went to camera is when PIR is activated.

Help.

GPo

Reaction score
Do you have the sliding lense cover partially closed ?
I believe it is supposed to be this way, so the board powers it up on activation.
May or may not be your problem.

GPo

Stever

Reaction score
Yes when I have the camera in set up it is that way 1/8 from fully open.

The original problem is the camera batteries only last a few hours even with the camera out of the set up and turned off. There must be something sucking up the batteries. So in light of the batteries getting sucked down I am curious whether an external battery supply would solve the problem.

chardy

Reaction score
You might have a solder point touching another. Plus you might want to check were you have the wires going to ths front of the camera that they are not pulling on the little arm that turns it off and on.

Have you tried to shut the slide on the camera and push the button to take a picture. If it sounds like it took a picture. You might have the wires on the front of the camera twisted up on the leaver arm

I hope you understood what I am explaining.

Stever

Reaction score
checked solder points no contact.
Nope it will not take a picture if lid is closed

Thoughts on external battery
Steve

GPo

Reaction score
Are your setting set to...

All Reset to Off
Monitor to Off
Sound to Off