Battery Help

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hi everyone.  I am new to this site.  I am in the process of building my first camera.  I read in Jesse's post that the regular 9V battery in parallel is only good for about ten picks.  My problem is I am using an electrical junction box 6"x6"x4" so space is not on my side.  My setup is going to be using a RS PIR and I will not be using the speaker wires because I do not want the noise.  My question is how long will my batteries last if I put 4 "C" batteries in series?  What is the amp hours of this setup? Where can I get the tray to hold the "C" batteries?  I want to thank you for your help and any suggestions on a battery system would be appreciated.  Thanks

gizz

Reaction score
I believe you'll get a much longer batt life using the Radio Shack PIR as you stated you will be. The 9V getting only 10 pics is for the Regent/Mainstay MS20 Pir since it uses much more batt juice than the RS PIR.
I use the same box as you are going to use. You'll have plenty of room in there for the Owl PF and RS sensor with a 9V batt.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Would I get more battery life out of the 9V setup or the 6V "C" battery setup?  Thanks for all the help.

Possum

Reaction score
I can get a lot of time with my RSPIR and a 9 volt battery.  I'm guessing 20-25 days?  I have found at least 2-3 rolls completely taken.  I believe you will be happy with the service of the 9 volt battery with the RSPIR.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.  Are you using one 9V or two in parallel?  Aslo how far does your RSPIR sense?  Is it adequate?

davered1

Reaction score
you only need one 9v. Mine last at least 5-7 rolls of film.Just don't buy cheap batteries use name brand.I can get just about 40' off my RS pir's now (temp -10 - -15C) summer I was about 25 - 30  feet. More than adequate for the flash.Less miss fires

russ

Reaction score
Blacktail                                                                   Im using a smaller electrical box from Radio Shack 6x5x3.One battiery outside of my rs-429 pir,and use battiery compartment of pir for relay with enough wire to remove to replace if needed.Also on my first units I wired to speaker wrapped relay with foam inside battiery area cut down sing noise a little.I glue my pir to box so external battiery is easier to replace.I have left my cams out for 3 to 4 weeks with out a power problem.But normal 1 week tops I got to know if I had any pics.My cam works at about 40 ft cool weather,20 when its hot.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for all of the help.  I am pretty excited to get it up and running.  I have a camtrakker now but I wanted some more units./

Top Bottom