Battery Question

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
hey tinhorn,archy or any other of you electrical geniuses. i currently am using 3 9v batteries wired in parallell as my source of power for all my units w/ms20 sensor.  will 6 aa's wired in series last longer than the 3 9volts.  i know there is a formula that you guys probably know off the top of your heads .  what about D batts. or C batts in a series. those 9v are pretty expensive    thanks in advance.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Yep, when batteries are in parallel, you just add the amp/hr rating of each of the cells together.  In series, it is the amp/hr rating of the individual battery.  

BuckSnort

Reaction score
I have an Olympus C2100 UZ,and I just bought another set of rechargable batteries for back up.They are energizer NiMH.The camera manuall recomends Olympus batteries in the camera,and the manual to the charger that came with the camera says only to be used with Olympus brand batteries.I'm thinking the energizer batteries will be fine,and Olympus just wants to sell you thier batteries.What do you guys think?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hello Bucksnort,

Olympus is just trying to sell their batteries. I've got two different brands, Olympus and Quest 1600 mah. Quest, Kodak and Nexus now have 1800 mah batteries. Kodak even has a 1850 mah battery out now.

I also bought a Quest Q2 intelligent rapid charger for my batteries. I can use 120 vac or plug them into 12 vdc with a cig lighter adapter that comes with the unit.  Thomas Distributing has the cheapest prices on NiMH batteries I've found.

http://www.nimhbattery.com/

BuckSnort

Reaction score
Jesse,  Thanks for the info,now I won't worry about the batteries dying during a pack trip.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom