Battery Supply

Muddy Z

Reaction score
I have several different cams running and I am wanting to move to rechargables for this season.

What setup would you recommend and what type of batteries. Right now all of these cams take AA's.

Here are my cams:

StealthCam - 8 AA's

Owl PF - 2 AA's with RS sensor - 9 volt

Owl AF - 2 AA's with RS sensor - 9 volt

D360 - 2 AA's with pix universal board (how may bats for the board?)

Thanks!

pocomoke

Reaction score
Muddy I use the aa nimh's from walmart (digital brand) and think they are outstanding.I believe they are 2250 mah and really hold up well.I am not sure but I have heard that the stealth's do not like rechargables.Supposedly not enough ummmpphh to fully charge the flash or something like that.Do you have the manual so you can see if it mentions that.

I use alkalines (2) in my owl and they usally last at least a couple months.I only have 1 film cam out now.Not sure if the owls like rechargables either.I have not tried them so I cant say.

The 360 actually takes 4 batteries but I think you know that.I use the walmart (digital brand) and love them.

As for the universal pics board I believe it will run 4 months on 4 aa batteries but I am not sure if 4 aa nimh's will last that long before you get close to the lower end of the acceptable voltage.When I build my next unit with a universal pix board (UPB) I am going to use a 6 aa battery holder with nimh's....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom