Battery Usage

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Can someone confirm that the 9v battery will last at least for one entire role of film. I read on the website that the battery will drain quick.

shufigo

Reaction score
Battery life will depend on a bunch of factors, but you'll get a lot more than one roll.  The AAs in the camera will vary with amount of flach and rewind usage, and the 9v on the sensor with the temperature. I'm sure you'll get a lot of posts with more experience than I've had, but 30 days plus is pretty much a given.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
My experience has been mainly with MS20's, and I normaly have gotten around 2 weeks worth of life out of a regular 9 volt. I now use 6 AA's in series and the life span is much longer.

wvhunter

Reaction score
Using the RS PIR (no timer) I normally get about two months of use.  I haven't had one completely dead in that amount of time but I normally replace it at the 2 month mark just to be sure the battery doesn't go dead just about the time a big buck shows up.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I find I have changed my batteries much more than needed. I have changed the 9volt about each month and I think they were still good. I wasn't having any problem and thinking back I guess I need to check them out rather than pitching them. MC.

vman

Reaction score
I also change mine every month.  I use the ones I take out for testing and during building others.

I have a RS pir with a timer using the R-11 mod.  I usually set it for 5 sec.

Zeke

Reaction score
I'm using the RS sensor and back in the winter I was able to get 4 rolls of 24 pics out of the 9v battery...then I changed it to be safe.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom