• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Bay area sturgeon fishing!!

Ism415

Hunting season is half over!! that means its getting close to sturgeon!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

knowledge

Go right now! The latest fishing reports I read from this week show that sturgeon are picking up. Montezuma slough supposedly has been pretty hot as of lately.

bux-n-dux

Nothing like a morning duck hunt on Grizzly Island followed by soaking baits for stripers and sturgeon in the slough.

bux-n-dux

7WSM

Nothing like a morning duck hunt on Grizzly Island followed by soaking baits for stripers and sturgeon in the slough.

bux-n-dux
Yea right on. I was thinking the same except different area. I will be duck hunting off Sherman Island. I heard from my non hunting buddies that they have been doing quite good on sturgeon already.

airman

I plan on it after the ducks quit flying in the AM. I told my hunting partener, bring you gun. and your fishing pole. We are already in the Napa slough, might as well.

Ism415

Heck yes!! I'm so exited to try out my new fly reel!! Nothing better the a biggin on a fly rod on a nice out going tide!!! Thanks everyone for the reports!!!! It's going to be a great season!!! Sorry!!! But I can't stop yelling!!! I'm to excited!!!

knowledge

HAHAHA, you need to take it easy on those energy drinks! Good luck out there, I have yet to go sturgeon fishing. However I see some line sides in my near future...

Ism415

Well when you are interested i have a small boat we can go out in... fits three! let me know!!

knowledge

Just don't whip me in the head! HAHA

If your interested in trying some new area's I usually fish in the delta by Rio Vista. I know of a couple sloughs where sturgeon are ALWAYS hitting the top of the water as I am striper fishing. I don't know how far you would want to travel. I live in Vacaville, but work in Richmond.

Ism415

im down for what ever.... vie got 16ft aluminum boat and a trailer.... we can go into the bay also! but id love to come up there as well

And with the fly rod i use bait, not fly cast.... that would be epic fail

Last edited:

DuckFever

bux-n-dux
Man do I ever miss hunting on Grizz and catching stripers out of the slough the night before. Best striper fishing I've found, they just school up and get fired up on shad imitations once you hit a school.

Top Bottom