BBQ

mike

Reaction score
Thats Some Pig!!!  Wonder if his name is Wilbur.. :)

gizz

Reaction score
Nice pic possum. I think it'd be kinda neat to be able to hunt for pork! No pigs here in PA.

Possum

Reaction score
I'm going to let him eat for a week and let my buddy's son shoot him. BACON.. BACON... BACON

Jon Bain

Reaction score
It looks like a good healthy Boston Blue Butt.  I've killed and butcherd a lot of em, but they were all bought.  Most pigs I've shot out in the woods were all black in color.  I love pork chops.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I work for the National Pork Board (really i do) anyway, if you need recipes I'm your man! Or I can point you to some of our web pages.
Pork The Other White Meat.

Possum

Reaction score
This one ought to be good- he's corn fed.:smile-blue

Brotherwolf, What should I do with it.  Cube it or make sausage?  It's too hot down here to BBQ the whole hog right now.  Someone just told me to cube it and fry it like country fried steak.

(Edited by Possum at 10:31 am on Aug. 17, 2001)

Buckoholic

Reaction score
Are you sure that pig is gonna feed all these hungry guys. I guess we'll have to findout. I'll bring the BBQ sauce and some napkins.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Possum,
Yeah with this heat you have to get the meat taken care of quick. What I'd do is save the loin and make butterfly chops and maybe a couple roasts, and the rest you could ground up and make pork pattys....

gizz

Reaction score
I'm due for a road trip. How bout Jesse's Homebrew Cam PIGROAST? I'll bring the Beer.

dharter

Reaction score
Make sure you wear long gloves when you clean it.  It may have brucellosis for which there is no cure.  I have read in a pig hunting book that a high percentage of FL wild pigs have it!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
nice piggies Possum. I don't have any hogs near me but I'd like to get some big tuskers on one of my game cameras some day up in central California

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Take care when you change film, because a hog is smart enough to wait until you climb back down out of a tree. Had one charge my CJ5, and I didn't have metal doors.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom