Be careful Out there.

MBullism

Reaction score
No matter how horrifying I imagine he feels, I'm sure it's worse.  When I was a pup, I once drew my bow on a noise in the brush I was convinced was a deer.  When the deer stepped clear, and in front of my drawn bow, it turned out to be my buddy whom I had parted company with (and headed in the opposite direction from) 8 hours earlier.  That moment, now some twenty years ago, left an indelible impression on me.  It scared the he!! out of me....

Always, always, always make sure.

M

shaginator

Reaction score
Makes me angry reading that story. I sure hope the shooter feels as terrible as I can possibly imagine and I'm especially hoping the victim comes out on top.

Incidents like this really encapsulate a lot of the things I worry about how people see hunting. Remember hearing about the old pioneers and the slogan "fur and feather never go together?" There was a day when hunters were keen enough to really understand that saying and felt assured that they wouldn't be shot if they wore a fur cap with feathers on it. Nowdays, that just gets your head blown clean off, especially with less land available, more people around (hunters, non-hunters, antis, poachers, and people just plain afraid of the hunting concept), and how we're all so wilderness-deprived.

Guess I should invest in some more hunter orange before my next outing, or some surplus wear with helmet and kevlar.

(Edited by shaginator at 4:14 pm on May 2, 2002)

TScottW99

Reaction score
people really need to use that mass that God put between their ears!

I've only been hunting four times so far this year and have already been stalked once.  The guy came in and i yelled hunter and he kept coming intent on my decoy (which was a hen)  i hollered hunter again and he sat down and kept stairing at my decoy!  I finally sneaked my hand into my turkey/game bag (he was too busy looking at the decoy to notice) and whistled loudly and waved the blaze orange.  

People get tunnel vision and see what they want to see.... need to relax, breathe and think!  Hope the hunter will make it through this ordeal...God bless

Top Bottom