Bear ate my cam!!!

wvhunter

Reaction score
Well I finally got a picture of a bear and then he proceed to tear it up.  Not to bad though he only messed up the RS PIR which will be easy to replace.  Thank goodness I used a metal case.  At least I got a picture of him before he started tearing it up.  

Trapp

Reaction score
What were your thoughts as you approached the trail cam?  

BackWoods

Reaction score
Thats ok WV, Trapp is trying very hard to feed his to a Bear also.  So far the Bear has just played with it a little.  Oh well mabey next week when we get to check it the Bear will finish it off.  J/K Trapp!!!!

wvhunter

Reaction score
I was thinking as I walked up "Oh Sh*&%" that cam is finished but then looking closer I could see he only messed with the PIR.  I'm glad I put a chain on it cause the bungie cords would never have kept it on the tree.  I have learned one thing though, if you have any bears around at all USE A METAL CASE.

Fubar

Reaction score
Wvhunter  Please dont feed the bears.        Fubar

wvhunter

Reaction score
OK Fubar, I won't feed the bears anymore :D at least I hope I don't.  But I did get my cam fixed this afternoon, except for fixing the camo backup.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good thing you got a pic of the culprit wv, you would have wondered forever what messed your camera up without it. That's one good thing about making our own cameras, something goes wrong and a quick repair and back out in the field it goes with no return trip to the factory.

My last bear just slobbered on my camera and I didn't even get any good pics, just one dark one which I think was the bears belly when he was standing in front of the camera. Man did that camera stink from that bear slobber.

wvhunter

Reaction score
I just got a roll of film back after repairing the damage the bear did to the cam and all worked well.  The real kicker was I moved the cam about 5 miles from where the the bear messed with it and got a picture of a much bigger bear!!  He also had to check it out but other than a couple pictures of his nose he left it alone. :SG

gizz

Reaction score
I've been lucky with the bears so far - knock on a tree! Like Spectr, i've had to wipe a lot of slobber off! That stuff is like glue when it dries :E
I wonder if we could use it for glass and pir lense glue?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom