Bear hunting in Idaho

barel74

Reaction score
I'm going archery elk hunting in Idaho this year,Aug.30 zone 36- Just outside of Stanley. Going to get a bear tag, too. Planning on arrowing my first bear. Do I need to know anything special about caring for the meat, shot placement, or overall safety? Any help would be appreciated.

nofear25

Reaction score
What other towns are near stanley??? Idaho is a great place to hunt.... I hunt there as much as I can...

barel74

Reaction score
Stanley is about 50 miles or so east of Boise. It's on hgwy75 , maybe an hour sw of Challis.

LeeChul

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you out. I never ran into any bears while hunting in Idaho, I saw some sign but no visual comformation. And it wasn't in that area anyway. Good luck though.

barel74

Reaction score
Originally posted by forkehornreggie@Aug 11 2004, 03:34 PM
I hunt on the east fork of the salmon river. Is that near where you hunt??
I'm pretty sure it's the south fork of the Salmon River.

Shane

Reaction score
It will help to remember that it should be pretty warm over there and you'll want to get the hide off, meat boned and cooled asap. If you are staying out and not running meat/hide back into town right aaway, you'll want to find the coolest place to hang the meat. Keep the bugs off. Vinigar and black pepper mix works well. Use bug nets if you have them...

~ Good luck

Top Bottom