Bear Hunting Style

What is your preferred method of hunting bear?

• Bait

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Hounds

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Incidental Take While Hunting Other Big Game

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Predator Calls

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Spot and Stalk

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • Track Through Snow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Describe)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Flatbroke

Reaction score
anybody every tried "grinning" a bear down like Davey?

BIG BEAR

Reaction score
Tree stands for me let them get good and close then kill em!

jdjtexas

Reaction score
Ive heard calls actually work great not tried it but will try this year (my first year to hunt bear)

iroc6976

Reaction score
Ive heard calls actually work great not tried it but will try this year (my first year to hunt bear)
i have used predator calls and have had several bears come to it at the same time to me the only times i have success with the call is in archery season i havent been able to have bears come in to the call during rifle season but every year several in different areas come in in archery is it the same for anyone else

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Can you add a little more detail to this?

"They are fascinating creatures and very difficult to place a perfect shot on with a bow. You have to be patient and show great self-control if you are going to be successful with a bow."

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Can you add a little more detail to this?

"They are fascinating creatures and very difficult to place a perfect shot on with a bow. You have to be patient and show great self-control if you are going to be successful with a bow."
Bear have massive shoulders and their heart is down low like a pig. You have to wait for them to put the front leg forward for the heart vital area to be exposed for a shot. I've skinned one bear and seen another that had a broadhead stuck in the shoulder and one in the ribs and they weren't from our shooter.

Top Bottom