Bear Pics

Archer64

Reaction score
Thanks to all the great info on this site, I built my first cam and put it out a couple weeks ago for bear season.  First time checking the bait, he'd cleaned out 110 lbs of dog food in 7 days and tore up the camera.  They don't like it when the food runs out.  He tore the switch covers off, busted the toggles and put a hole in the fresnel lens but the ammo can held up and the insides were fine.  I got a total of 23 pictures in two days using a ten minute delay.  The camera is repaired and going back out this weekend but I'm going to use 30 mins this time.

Pictures of the bear and my camera:

http://community.webshots.com/user/archer64

LW

Reaction score
Nice cams and pics thanks for posting, looking foward for more.

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Nice pics Archer64! The cams turned out nice as well! Hey if those bears become too much of a nuisance, box a couple up and send them my way! Wish we had some around here...

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Looks like you got a camo pattern for each type of tree!      Good Job

That Black Bear is sure Black, is he the culpret?

Tinhorn

chili

Reaction score
Great job on those cams. I'm an ammo can fan too. Can't beat'em on price and durability. Good pics. Thanks for sharing.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Wow good pics. I love to see those bears. They are beautiful animals. Thanks for sharing.

Archer64

Reaction score
Tinhorn,
As far as I can tell, he's the only bear coming into the site right now.  It's still early in the season.  Hopefully, I'll get a bigger one in.  I have all three cams out at different bait sites.  Two on mine and one on my partners.  Should see some more action this weekend.

davered1

Reaction score
Nice pics archer,

They sure don't like when the food runs out. Hate it even more when you trick them into thinking ther shuold be food but there isn't!!

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Nice clear pics. Love the bear pics most of all. Thanks for sharing, Mike

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'd beat on the cam too if I wanted a refill. :eat-burger: Neat bear pics archer64. I like the one where he is sitting down, all he needs is a bib and fork in that one. What do you think he weighs?

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I am going to be in Black Bear Country for about a week, what are my best chances for getting a picture or two of some bears? I am bringing at least 2 cams.

Thanks

CB

davered1

Reaction score
Go with either some fish oil or some skunk essence.

These will work for long distance calling.

You can use molasses to works great, but don't have the carrying capacity in wind.

fish oil and skunk essence are available at any trapping store.

Also cameras themselves seem to attract them up here

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Davered1,

Do you have coons up there?    down here in Mo. there are tons of coons that would probably be attracted to Fish Oil but there are a few bears around (very few) and I'd like to put a cam out the next time I find out where a bear's been seen and see what happens.  It'd be nice to use smell but.......

I'm thinking you must not have coons or you'd get ton's of pix's of them in just one night

Tanx

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom