Bears, bears and more bears.

Buckoholic

Reaction score
I have had a great week in the woods. On Sunday, August 19th, I saw 6 bucks (2 6pointers, 3 8pointers, and a real nice 10 pointer) while I was riding around on my property. I got some really awesome video of some of them moving around and watching me ride my 4 wheeler. On Wed. Aug 22nd, I went back to check my camera and the roll was finished. After processing, it revealed a great fawn shot, several doe pix and a really nice yote photo. Today I went back to check my cam again and the roll was finished again. The amazing thing is, that all of the pictures are of bears. 22 out of 25 exposures!!! The other 3 exposures were false triggers. Most of the pictures were taken yesterday August 24th, which by the way was my birthday. What a great week. Now if I could only get a picture of the bucks I saw. The 10 pointer is bigger than the 11 pointer I posted on my web page. I can only dream about him for right now. Our season opens on the 6th of October.
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Bu...olic/index.html

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Great pic's Buckoholic,

looks like you might be going bear hunting this fall...hehehe

good luck,

gizz

Reaction score
Do you happen to know where there are any bear?

big tom

Reaction score
Great pictures, Buckaholic.  I just set up my first homebrew camera today and hope for a fraction of the luck you had.

feathermax

Reaction score
I have the same problem: All bears. I want pics of deer, but those darn bears come by and take picture after picture. A roll of film is 1 pic of a doe to 23 pics of bears.

Billy in VA

Reaction score
Buckoholic
I am from down in the flats of King George, VA.  We haven't seen much movement lately.  Are you in the hills? I thought you may be due to all the bears.. Thanks  Billy

Buckoholic

Reaction score
HEY BILLY,
I live in Roanoke but hunt in Montgomery County. Roanoke is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The mountain we hunt on has a peak elevation of 3700 ft. It probably averages about 2500 ft.
I have seen a lot of movement in the woods. I am very fortunate to live only 25 minutes from our 1600 acres of leased hunting land. It has allowed me to take several late afternoon scoutings in the past 2 months. I have seen a lot of game on the move between 6:30 and 8:30pm. I have some pretty incredible video of close-ups with deer,grouse, turkey, and even a large copperhead snake.
I have my camera out now and in one day it had already taken 11 pictures. I am going to get it Tuesday. I will probably post the pictures Tuesday night. I hope it has something other than bears this time. Don't get me wrong, bears are cool too, but I want to see that big buck that I saw last year and that no one killed. I want to see what he looks like this year. I hope that he made it through the Winter. Thanks to everyone for the nice words about the pictures. I felt you would enjoy seeing them. I'll keep everyone posted on my latest pix.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom