Before and After

Buckoholic

Reaction score
While sitting 20ft off the ground Saturday afternoon during Virginia's opening day of Archery season, I was thinking about how much this site has changed my hunting style. I was hoping for some of those bucks that you guys have been posting would come by my stand. It didn't happen though. Anyway, I wanted to create a thread where we could post animals that we had photographed during pre-season and then harvested. I thought that doing a before and after thread would be awesome. Do you agree? If so, and you have taken an animal that you think you have pictures of, post them in this thread. Or Jesse, would you create a special place for us to do this if this is not the best way to post them.
Dave

Possum

Reaction score
This buck is in the freezer.

I had a little boy who had never been on a deer hunt with me this day.  I thought he would like the experience of having a successful deer hunt.  I think this is the same deer.  The alive pic was so far away I had to blow it up to see it good.  Then it got fuzzy.
(Edited by Possum at 2:32 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 2:36 pm on Oct. 10, 2001)

davered1

Reaction score
heres mine alive

Mine posing with me

All thanks to this camera,this buck was taken where I hadn't seen many mulies before and would never have hunted area for one before camera.

Fubar

Reaction score
Possom and Davered   Congratulations on your deer.  Dave that looks like a wallhanger.            Fubar

Welby

Reaction score
Buckoholic, my boy, great minds think alike!  I was thinking the very same thing and I am glad you posted it!

Possum & davered 1, way to go!  Congratulations!  davered 1, if a deer like that (though I know IT IS a mulie) came by a Mississippi boy's stand, they'd have to cart him off due to a heart attack of sorts.

davered1

Reaction score
bringing it back up top ,There has to be more than 2 successes

possum,

I take my kids up in our big wood stands every year and usually end up taking a deer late in season with them,this year my 12 year old daughter wants to try to shoot a whitey buck from our stand.She has to use my tag,so I hope we can find her a buck.This guy is coming in in the dalylight right now,she was hoping for a little bigger  one(not much) so we will wait.Our season here runs till dec.20th,We have lots of time!

(Edited by davered1 at 1:41 pm on Oct. 13, 2001)

bigmandude

Reaction score
i finally got this link straightened out,  here is my before and after, i took him last friday afternoon and he went 190 pounds, and for a MS deer that is a MAN.  it is my heaviest deer ever and widest spread ever at 16.5 not too shabby for a 7 pt. shot him w/ a bow at about 15 yards

www.geocities.com/bigmandude/deerpics

wapiti

Reaction score
I took this buck yesterday.  I had tried to get a trail cam pick of him...no luck.  I was able to get him on video in July though.

jayber

Reaction score
Very nice Waipiti!!!  What time of day did he come around?

wapiti

Reaction score
I rattled him in an hour after daylight.  15 yard shot.

jayber

Reaction score
Do you use a decoy and/or scent when you rattle?  I've never had any luck with rattling alone.  Was thinking about trying it with a buck decoy sometime.  I also thought about getting a buddy to hide in a brush pile and rattle/pound the ground like mad.  HeHe

wapiti

Reaction score
I was using a Mckenzie target as a decoy.  I had large antlers on the decoy.   I also use a piece of white plastic bag for a tail.  The buck was 2 feet from the decoy when I shot.

jayber

Reaction score
Exactly what I've heard to do, with a moving tail and all........Cool, I'll have to give it a try!!!

(Edited by jayber at 9:14 am on Oct. 30, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
Here is a before and after I am positive about.  I have a pic just back from this weekend that I will post tomorrow.  He is within 2 feet of the camera in mid-air running away.

(Edited by Possum at 9:26 pm on Nov. 4, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 6:26 pm on Nov. 6, 2001)

gtk

Reaction score
Grinning like a possum :)

Great pic... I'd be grinning to if I harvested that deer..

Again, great work/great deer.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom