Beginner's Luck - 19" P&Y Bow Kill Video!

bowkaddyguy

Reaction score
We had a great spring bear hunt this year. Great weather and lots of good bear. But while I didn't get to draw on anything myself, I managed to get some great footage of a 19" bear falling to the hands of a brand new bowhunter...

I have a buddy at work and one day in mid-March he walked into my office and asked if he could shoot a bear with a bow and arrow. I asked him if he'd ever hunted before and he said no. Into archery? No.
I couldn't make him any promises, but I said there was a chance I could take him hunting in May, but only if he got all the equipment and learned how to use it. Well, the next day he went to the local archery shop and got set up with a second-hand bow with all the accessories needed to go hunting. He practiced diligently several times a week and was shooting pretty good.

As it turned out, there was room for another hunter on our roster, so I gave him the nod, much to his delight.
We headed up north for a two day hunt. We sat Friday night and Saturday over noon and didn't see anything. This was going to be tougher than I led him to believe. We headed back to the stand for the Saturday evening sit. By 7:00 pm, nothing had showed and I was beginning to feel pretty bad. He had invested a lot of money and time into the possibility of doing this. Even if he could just catch a glimpse of a bear, I knew it would make his trip.

About half an hour later, I look over my shoulder to see him pointing frantically behind him. "Right on", I thought, "here comes a bear". I readied the camera and turned slowly to look behind me. "Holy crap - it's a bruiser!"
A mature boar was sauntering right in to make this Mexican's dream come true. Check out the conclusion of this exciting hunt at the video link below. After all, a video is worth a million words.

Click on Ultimate Beginner's Luck

Attachments

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
That's sweet! Great bear...congrats to the hunter

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
wow, nice shot and how lucky your friend is to have his first bowkill recorded! supper nice bear, thanks for sharing!........tra

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Very nice bear !

Great pic and video too !

Thanks for sharing !

AZ Jim

Latest Posts

Top Bottom