Benelli Nova

DanV

Reaction score
"DARTH" Jay and the rest of you maniacal duck hunters,

Am considering purchasing one of these futuristic pump guns, know other Benelli guns are tops. Must be quite a few used among all our hard core duck hunters , how about your feelings pro or con on this gun. I greatly appreciate your input.

songdog

Reaction score
A good friend of mine shoots one in the duck blind.  When talking about pumps, the difference between the Nova and the 870 are pretty slim.  The Nova will take the salt at Wister a lot better than the 870 but the 870 is a much better looking gun (just an opinion).

When you start comparing the 1100/11-87 to the Benelli autos then I think that the difference becomes bigger.  I'm a died in the wool Remington fan but my Benelli just feels better in my hands than my 11-87 (and therefore shoots better for me at least).

Both have great reputations for reliability though.

foulshot

Reaction score
Personally, I shoot an 1187.  I thought about the Nova but after pulling the two guns up to my shoulder, the 1187 just felt better.  I know the Nova has had great reviews so I don't think you can go wrong. I have a Winchester 1300 pump as a back up gun, but only in 3 in.
The only thing I can say is a comfortable pull makes it a lot easier to shoot the gun.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
DARTH!!!!!!!!!!! Ha

Guy shoots a Berg dipped in camo paint to hide the name on it.

Had my barbie gun for two years now. Barbie gun it's called because it looks  like melted down barbies I'm told.

No problems with the Nova. At all!

If you do have a problem with crap shells or anything eles. It's the easiest gun to take apart in the field.

In about 7 minutes (blindfolded) you can break it down and put it back togather again with your leatherman tool.

In the field it's a tank.

It doesn't like junk shells though. Estates, Dionsies and other junk will jam once in a while.

Feds, Winchesters and Nitro  Steels fly through it all day.

Wish i could afford the guys my pals shoot. But the Nova works for me.

Applbit

Reaction score
I dont have one personally but when ive played with them in stores im afraid they are going to fall apart because of the rattles.

Probably a good gun if you dont mind rattles
870 supermag for me

PowDuck

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Nova for a while, too. I'm wanting a 24" Camo model. Really like the "futuristic" points of the gun. The polymer make-up of it is the thing of the future, like it or not. When you think about it, folks didn't like, and said the same things about, the Glock pistols when they came out. Look at their popularity now.

The Nova does have a definite rattle in the forearm. So far that's been the only thing that's kept me from buying one, hoping they'll fix it. I'm wanting a 24" Camo model.

mrdux

Reaction score
Hey Folks,1st post.I have 2 Novas and as far as pumps,I wouldn't look elsewhere.I do have an 835 with scope that is my turkey gun just because it patterns so well.I shoot an SBE 90% of the time but use Nova on the trap range 100% of the time.

PowDuck

Reaction score
MRDUX, don't know if I can trust the word of a Wildcat fan. You know how us Razorbacks are. :smile-big-blue:

Have you found a way to reduce the forearm rattling? or does it seem to be that much of a problem for you?

mrdux

Reaction score
powduk,I haven't found it to be a problem.There's no doubt that the Nova sounds different from other guns.What's the word in Fayettville on new b-ball coach?I'm about ready to start a local"DUMP TUBBY"chapter if he does't start kicking some blue a$$and straighten out some of these prima-donnas.UK sports program has been an embarassment for a couple of years.I have a son who is a JR there in the Engineering Dept.and my wife works for UK as an Extension agent.They now have a school president who is doing away with the "GOOD OL' BOY NETWORK".Take Care,DUX.

Top Bottom