Benelli R1 Rifles

Rookies

Reaction score
I was looking at this new syle rifle from Banelli and was woundering if anyone has bought one or tryed one out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rxdocal

Reaction score
I don't own but have shot a Benelli R1 in 30.06. Sweet shooting gun with very little felt recoil. Only drawback for now is that it's only available in 308 / 30.06 / 300. The barrels are also interchangeable.

scr83jp

Reaction score
Beretta owns sako,tikka,benelli,burris,stoeger,stoegar industries & uberti replicas.

subfan

Reaction score
I saw one used on a caribou hunt on TV last night. It was impressive. The follow up shot was very quick. Would be nice in other calibers though. What is the price tags for em?

scr83jp

Reaction score
Not interested but I'll see what they look like at the SHOT Show cause I want to see what Beretta has done to Sakos.

cyberada

Reaction score
In italy the Argo ( known as R1 in the USA), was for a long time not "available" in the shops in the 300Wm version.
I heard they had serious trobles with jams.
Probably it is due to excess of gas generated from this caliber which cannot be managed by the gas operating system which is taking the gas just a couple of inches out of the chamber.
The 308 and 30.06 work smooth though.

from italy,

Dave in LB

Reaction score
Subfan_ figure on somewhere near $1000 for an R1. Nice rifle,but strikes me as odd for some reson as a hunting gun. I think they and the BAR to a lesser degree look like pregnant guppies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom