Berry fed bears in D5 ?

m_freeman

Reaction score
I think I will head up to D5 are there berry fed bears up there? If no berries in D5 can someone that knows if there are ares where there are berry fed bears?

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
FYI...the bear i shot last fall was full of berries and still tasted my sh*t. Just sayin'...if you are thinking it's gonna taste better, it likely won't be edible.

Bencoyote

Reaction score
m_freeman, Try Strawberry Valley in D-5, about 20 min west of Lake Tahoe. I just saw a nice bear this morning {3:30am} feeding on a fresh road killed deer on the shoulder of HWY 50. If you travel East on Hwy 50 going toward Tahoe there is a road called Strawberry Creek Track, its in the small town of Strawberry. Lots of bear sign there this year. The bears come down looking for trash left over from the cabins near the river. Also may try Hell Hole Reservoir. There is a grove of choke cherries along the power line road next to the camp ground.

ABSHUNTS

Reaction score
Good chance if there are bears in your zone, there will be berries and visa versa. If your worried about the meat being good to eat, you could always have it ground into burger, sausage, and jerky sticks. It's all good that way. I always bone it myself so that I know there's no bone or gristle in it.

m_freeman

Reaction score
this will be my first bearhunt and won't shoot if I can't eat, good idea ABS I'll check into burger maybe have it mixed with some beef just don't want to waste anything and I've heard berry fed bear isn't bad at all.

Top Bottom