BEST ENCLOSURE

coyotehunters

Reaction score
WHAT BOX HAS EVERYBODY BEEN USING WHEN THEY USE HAMITOES BOARD TO MAKE THE BEST SET UP.

Lew

Reaction score
I use the CSI polycarbonate box sold by Gander Mountain. ($15) Just the right size for a good fit and easy to modify with home tools and designed for outdoor use with a water proof seal.  Also easy to paint and bond to, works well for me.  Side note, I love Steve's circuit board, it makes a great camera unit.  Lew

SHARP SHOOTER

Reaction score
I too use the box @ Gander Mountain. Perfect fit water tight and easy to find. I have just finished my second one. One thing I do is to tape over where you want your flash, LED, counter, ect., then I sand blast and paint, remove tape and ...wala! The perfect cam. It is important to cut a seperate hole for the picture so you don't get any bleed thru.

buckraker

Reaction score
I have made two cams using Hamiltoes pcb. One with a plastic first aid bos the other with a 6x6x4 metal electrical enclosure. I like the metal better but its very heavy with the lantern battery I have installed. I am considering a ammo can next.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
buckraker,
The lantern battery should last forever!  Using 4 c-size batteries should last over a year with the circuit board!  You could save some weight by going to smaller batteries.

kmitch

Reaction score
Buckraker,

I've built two cameras using ammo cans. The good things are they are very rugged and can be made almost theftproof. The bad thing is it's difficult to mount things inside. On one camera I mounted the PIR below the camera and made a small plastic shelf for the camera to sit on above. I use foam rubber wedged behind the camera to hold it in place. The ammo cans work but they are messy to wire. If I spent the time to lace the wiring and used some connectors it might be better.  

I have one of Hamiltoe's boards, an OWL PF date and a plastic enclosure with a hinged front for my next camera.

Keith

Top Bottom