Best online traditional archery deals?

victory

Reaction score
where can I get the best price on a new traditional bow? i.e. a 45lb long or recurve. any suggestions on models? I'm looking to spend around $200.

also, I've only shot longbows, two that were handed down to me (one is a 30lb and the other is a 60lb and I've never shot the 60lb). my question is, is a recurve that much better than a long? should I give recurves a try? excuse my ignornace. thanks.

-adrian-

redruger

Inactive
Reaction score
I've bought three recurves (20-30 years old) on ebay. There are always a lot to chose from especially in lighter draw weights 40-45 lbs. Just be careful, look at the sellers ratings and insist on quality photos of the limbs, tips and risers. No twists or stress cracks. I have spent 130.00-165.00, be careful some of the bids get out of hand. Unless the bow is a very new model or an old rare collector I woulld not go over 200.00. 60lb and over are tough to find, just bought a 60 lb Ben Pearson Hunter. Good luck. Also e-snipe can be helpful for making a last minute bid.

redruger

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry Victory, I just realized you were looking for new bows. As for long versus recurve both have their fans. Some say recurves are faster, long bows are smoother? I just have always used recurves, like the short ones 55"-58".

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
adrian, we just signed up to be a dealer for Samick bows. Take a look here at their recurves and longbows. They have good prices for entry level and middle of the road bows.

http://www.samicksports.com/e_sub_02_01_01.htm

The Samick Deerhunter model isa real popular take down recurve. Longbows are harder to transport since they are long where a takedown revurve can be disassembled and packed in a case more easliy. I shoot both and like them both. My recurve is better for bow fishhing or tighter spots too.

Top Bottom